Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC(Proxy) to SAP PI to SAP MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can any one clear my question about proxy:

we are integrating SAP ECC to SAP PI vai proxy and wonder how and when data is pushed in to SAP PI from sap ECC?? Do the SAP ECC has to trigger the program manually all the time to push data in to SAP PI??

How does it work usually?? I know about IDOC.. When ever a PO is cretaed IDOC automativally created in SAP ECC and the same is flushes in to SAP PI.. How with Proxy?

Thanks

Rajeev..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The trigger should happen from ECC.

The proxy class should be triggered using reports, function calls or work flows.

In the case of Idoc also once the PO is created the message is not automatically getting trigerred to PI. There are some configuration which needs to be carried out to make this happen and its a standard feature of integration.

Regards

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your answer.. Usually how does it happens?? when we generate a proxy.. Objects are generated and we write some code ..say assgined few fields of a table... ..I want this proxy or report to be called every day..as I am dealing wtih batch jobs... In this case I need a job to scheduled every day to run thjs report??? Is there any other way around??

How about in real time?? every time some one has to run this report?

Thanks

Rajeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In real time you can run jobs which will trigger the background reports, internally triggerring the required proxies.

If you know its a evryday task. Schedule the report on daily at your defined times.

Regards,

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I want this proxy or report to be called every day..as I am dealing wtih batch jobs... In this case I need a job to scheduled every day to run thjs report??? Is there any other way around??

Just schedule the job once and set the period as daily and set the triggering time as well, no need to schedule the job every day. (Sorry if I misunderstood your question, but scheduling the job is the solution).

>

> How about in real time?? every time some one has to run this report?

In real time we schedule the job by using tcode SM36 and set the period as per our need i.e. daily, hourly, or monthly. In some case we run the report manually whenever it is required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Considering that you are integrating with MDM, I would say that sending master data is better triggered using change pointers on the ECC side. Of course this is just a opinion based on the business scenario.

Answers (0)