cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JRE for installation of ECC 6.0 EHP4 based on NW 7.0 EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What version of JRE do you use for installing ECC 6.0 EHP4 based on NW 7.0 EHP1. As per guides and notes it says JRE 1.4x. But, upgrade to EHP1 or EHP4, some notes recommended JRE 1.5.

To my knowledge, for upgrade since you run "startup.bat with jce_policy", SAP recommends 1.5, while using SAPINST you require JRE 1.4.

Any ideas?

Regards

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chandu,

you need JDK version 1.4 only.

For EHP installer you need JVM 1.5. but if you are running EHPI installer on same host then it will be provided by SL controller only. If you want to run this GUI on remote host then you need JVM 1.5.

For more information, check SAP 1245473

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny. I was referring to some EHP1 upgrade notes where in it specifially mentioned about use of JDK 1.5 for EHP1 upgrade for NV 7.0 System.

The note 1245473 suggested by you does not contain any info regarding JRE. Are you referring to any other note?

I plan to use 1.4 for installation of ECC 6.0 EHP4 on Windows 2008. We have upgraded our R/3 4.7 to ECC 6.0 EHP4 on Windows 2003 and as part of migration to Windows 2008, we are performing homogenous system copy, hence, wanted to confirm that planned use of JRE 1.4 is correct.

Regards

Chandu

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find extract from SAP note 1245473:

Required JVM for Starting the Installation GUI The installation GUI requires at least Java Virtual Machine (JVM) 1.5. On

the host where SAPehpi runs, this JVM is provided by the SL Controller. If you start the GUI on a remote computer, make sure that JVM 1.5 is installed.

Only EHPI installer use its java 1.5. But you need JDK version 1.4 installed on your machine not JDK 1.5.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I was referring to the same note when I posted the message. I can see the extract posted by you in the note downloaded earlier (28/08/09), but not anymore in the note updated by SAP on 28/01/2010 . I don't know why SAP removed that.

Does it mean anything?

Regards

Chandu

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chandu,

As I suggested earlier, For EHPI Java 1.5 is EHPI internal java developed by SAP but it does not mean that you should install JDK 1.5.

JDK 1.5 is not supported and so you should use JDK 1.4 only. Don't confuse yourself with JDK 1.5 of EHPI.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (0)