cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII Minitab Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to use the minitab integration features in MII. I was wondering if anyone has used this feature, if so could they give some example transactions. I can get the data output in minitab format using the minitab action block but am hoping that it's possible to replace my display template with a minitab chart on my web page. Is this possible?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for the suggestions. I'm not too familiar with minitab so I'm playing around with it to see what I can figure out. I was hoping someone would have done this before and could give me an example project, either for MII or minitab or both.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Nick. I have done Minitab integration with MII (I wrote the Minitab interface for MII), but it was a LOOOONG time ago, so I don't remember the specifics. I do remember that it was very possible to have Minitab activated by clicking on a link on an MII web page, with dynamic data being sent to Minitab from an MII BLS transaction. I just don't recall the exact details of how to structure the URL. I suspect it involved putting a fake filename on the end of the URL that included a file extension that Minitab knew how to open.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suppose it would be possible to stream the text output from the Minitab action block through a text output parameter in your TRX, but to have the chart call this directly would depend quite heavily on the configuration options of your minitab chart.

What options does the minitab chart have for making http requests?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy, with the correct URL format and mime type you can have the streamed Minitab content automatically load Minitab on the client PC (but you'll need Minitab installed there, of course).