cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with "Leak suspect" report in Memory analyzer

0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Thanks for providing such a powerful tool !

Anwyay, i'm getting an error message while trying to run the "Leak suspect" report. Indeed i generated a heapdump on my Sandbox Netweaver server then i retrieved it to my PC. I'm able to display some informations (so i'm assuming my heapdump is correct) in Memory Analyzer but the error came with "Leak suspect" report.

Here is the whole error message :

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.6.0_11

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=fr_FR

Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

Error

Fri Jan 29 15:37:23 CET 2010

An internal error occurred during: "default_report org.eclipse.mat.api:suspects".

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com.sap.tools.memory.netweaver.csn.CSNComponentExtractor.resolveByClassLoader(Lorg/eclipse/mat/snapshot/model/IClassLoader;Lorg/eclipse/mat/util/IProgressListener;)Ljava/lang/String;

at org.eclipse.mat.inspections.LeakHunterQuery.getTroubleTicketMapping(LeakHunterQuery.java:558)

at org.eclipse.mat.inspections.LeakHunterQuery.appendTroubleTicketInformation(LeakHunterQuery.java:701)

at org.eclipse.mat.inspections.LeakHunterQuery.getLeakDescriptionSingleObject(LeakHunterQuery.java:382)

at org.eclipse.mat.inspections.LeakHunterQuery.getLeakSuspectDescription(LeakHunterQuery.java:215)

at org.eclipse.mat.inspections.LeakHunterQuery.execute(LeakHunterQuery.java:148)

at org.eclipse.mat.query.registry.ArgumentSet.execute(ArgumentSet.java:129)

at org.eclipse.mat.query.registry.CommandLine.execute(CommandLine.java:93)

at org.eclipse.mat.report.internal.QueryPart.execute(QueryPart.java:96)

at org.eclipse.mat.report.internal.SectionPart.execute(SectionPart.java:53)

at org.eclipse.mat.report.TestSuite.execute(TestSuite.java:127)

at org.eclipse.mat.report.internal.RunRegisterdReport.execute(RunRegisterdReport.java:50)

at org.eclipse.mat.query.registry.ArgumentSet.execute(ArgumentSet.java:129)

at org.eclipse.mat.ui.QueryExecution$ExecutionJob.run(QueryExecution.java:174)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Could you please give me some advice ?

Thanks

François

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krum,

could you please let us know when the update will be released for the public?

Thanks and best regards,

Jens

krumts
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have updated some time ago the version of the NW Extensions available for download, as well as the description on the wiki page. You can install now the NW Extensions for Memory Analyzer as described here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/DownloadtheSAPNetweaverenhancementsfortheEclipseMemory+Analyzer

These extensions will work with MAT 1.0.0 and 1.0.1

Regards,

Krum

0 Kudos

Hi

Has anyone solved this problem?

0 Kudos

Hi

Unfortunately not

So I gave up the idea of using this tool

0 Kudos

And what do you use for the analysis of memory?

0 Kudos

a bit with Wily Introscope but nothing that would be as helpful as memory analyzer is supposed to be

krumts
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for not updating the question. We (the tool developers) are aware of the problem and we have fixed it already (internally). However we still have to prepare the proper downloadables for the SDN site and change the content available at SDN.

About using onother tool - you probably don't need to: one can still use the tool without the NW extensions (just take it from http://www.eclipse.org/mat/).

The Leak Suspects report is part of the open-source tool (see http://dev.eclipse.org/blogs/memoryanalyzer/2008/05/27/automated-heap-dump-analysis-finding-memory-l....

Without the NW Extensions one won't see the application names extracted out of classloaders, there will be no suggestions for CSN components, and some other SAP specific queries will be missing. Nevertheless it should be still possible to perform memory analysis.

I hope this helps to some extent for the moment.

WouterCleemput
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have the same error. Is there someone who solved this issue ?

thx.