cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver crashes while deploying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to convert an enterprise application using JSF, Spring, Tiles and some other libraries from WebSphere to NetWeaver. So I removed all IBM related content and replaced everything with open source libraries to make it run on an Apache Tomcat server. So there are no more dependencies to any IBM libs. But with all the MyFaces, Spring, etc libs attached, the application got very huge. The EAR file is about 55mb including all jar files.

For testing purposes I have installed the CE7.1 Preview in a virtual machine (2GB of dedicated RAM, Access to both processors of the host machine). I can deploy and run small EARs without any problems. But when trying to deploy the big EAR, at first it takes a REALLY long time and fails with the following error in the deployment log

--- Deploying file(s):

<MyEARFile>

Deploy Exception.

--- Description:

S U M M A R Y

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Successfully deployed: 0

Deployed with warnings: 0

Failed deployments: 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Error. Check your available working servers. Error message: server crashed while processing the request

1. File:<MyEARFile>

NULL

Deploy status:Initial

Version:null

--- Exception:

com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.deploy.DeployException: [ERROR CODE DPL.DCAPI.1027] P4ConnectionException.

Reason: Error. Check your available working servers. Error message: server crashed while processing the request

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.deploy.impl.DeployProcessorImpl.deployItems(DeployProcessorImpl.java:757)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.deploy.impl.DeployProcessorImpl.deploy(DeployProcessorImpl.java:226)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.dc.deploy.DeployProcessor70.deploy(DeployProcessor70.java:112)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DCDeployThread.run(DCDeployThread.java:122)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ConnectionException: Error. Check your available working servers. Error message: server crashed while processing the request

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.getException(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:743)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.getException(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:725)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.Parser.newRequest(Parser.java:148)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.ClientConnection.run(ClientConnection.java:395)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

{/code}

Afterwards the Web Interface is no longer reachable and I have to restart the CE1 system.

Any ideas how I can fix that, to be able to deploy this Application onto NetWeaver?

Would be really great to get some help,

Thanks in advance,

Klaus Zanders

edit OK, trying it another time, an OutOfMemoryException showed up. So maybe those 2gb aren't enough. I will give it a bit more and try again, on monday.

Edited by: Klaus Zanders on Jan 29, 2010 3:28 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you two.

Increasing the memory for the Virtual Machine to 3GB, and accordingly increasing Swap Memory and the heap size, it worked.

I also decreased the size of the Application by removing some unused libraries that were still in there from older development steps...

Thanks for your help, it works now

asif_hirani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

you have mentioned in your post that you replaced TILES from your Web Sphere application with open source libraries to make it work on CE 7.1

can you please tell me

1) is it possible to have TILES library remain and make it work on CE 7.1 ?

2) which open source library did you use to replace TILES and how much of code change was required for that ?

Hope you will reply soon as we are also in similar situation where we want to migrate a IBM web sphere application on CE 7.1

and having Class Loader issue with TILES libraries.

Thanks

Asif

former_member189320
Participant
0 Kudos

How much value did you set for Max heap size? Since your application is of very huge size try increasing the Max heap size and related parameters from config tool and take a restart and try again.

Regards,

Nirmal

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Klaus

If you are recieving "OutOfMemory" please check your memory settings are as per

advised in SAP Note 723909.

Thanks

KennyH