Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex query universe,olap universe,sap based universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Plz throw some light....

I have created universe from the database.Now we are on the way to create universe on top of SAP.

So please guide me how we can create universe on top of SAP.I have gone through the forum got an idea that we can create universe using,

1.bex query --to use only one bex query for 1 universe,

2.Infocube -- but performance problem will come i heared.

More over for creating the OLAP universe based on the bex query,we will use DESIGNER or UNIVERSE BUILDER???which one can be usd??

Whether we have resolve the problem like loops,traps create joins in universe based on BEX or directly after creating connection we can export the universe to the repository???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So please guide me how we can create universe on top of SAP.I have gone through the forum got an idea that we can create universe using,

>> correct - 1 Universe for one BW query.

>> the recommnedation is to use BW queries and not Cubes.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can anybody guide me to decide about the creation of a OLAP universe on top of a BEX Query VS Infocube.

As per my requirement, I can direcly use the Objects of my Infocube for reporting and no need to create any CKFs/RKFs using BEx. So i thought i would go for the Universe creation on top of a Infocube itself. But i heard that performance problem will come with infocube.

So please tell me which one will be the better option for my requirement.

Thanks In Advance..

Leela

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not mandatory to create one Universe on top of one BEx query.It can be 1:M ,1:1

Not only performance problems ,you will also face some other things like Navigational attributes,Varibales,CKF,RKF etc when you use a cube.Its recommanded to use BEx queries as much as possible.

Whether we have resolve the problem like loops,traps create joins in universe based on BEX or directly after creating connection we can export the universe to the repository???

When you create a Universe on top of SAP BEx Query or cube you won't see any joins between tables ,its a OLAP Universe,all the joins are done on backend.So,no concept of loops,traps ,joins on Universe level.

Please check this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/008d15dc-f76c-2b10-968a-fafe5a12...

Thanks

Edited by: Jack on Jan 29, 2010 10:25 AM

0 Kudos

Hi

a Universe can be created only on top of a single data source (in your case one BEx query).

Another option though is to use the Data Federator. Have a look here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/LeveragingDataFederatorinSAP+integrations

Regards,

Stratos