cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add jar from Used DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am making a JCO connection from my Java Application. Inorder to connect to the RFC destination i am trying to add the following jars from Used DCs (Active DCs),

tc/sec/destinations/interface.jar

tc/sec/destinations/service.jar

I was able to add tc/sec/destinations/interface.jar but when i tried adding tc/sec/destinations/service.jar it was showing the following error,

"illegal dependency: Access list does not allow the use of sap.com/tc/sec/destinations/service"

And when i checked the properties of the jar in the DC perspective, entities were missing in the folder "Public Parts" and when i expanded the folder "Access List" it shows, "this/dc/does/not/exist".

Can anyone please suggest, if there is any way that the jar could be made active in the server so that it could be used in my development component.

Thanks,

Agila.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you're using the wrong DCs: Try using com.sap.mw.jco instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have included all those jars required for JCO connection. I have included sap.mw.JCO also. And my application is getting deployed successfully but fails during runtime.

This jar (tc/sec/destinations/service) is required to access the RFC destination created under Destination Services inn the NWA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does your application reference the required libraries?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. The RFC call is successful if i hard code the destination credentials. But if i try to access a RFC destination created in NWA it shows "Null pointer exception" during runtime.

I have also tried adding the jar tc/sec/destinations/service externaly to the External library. But it still shows the exception.

I am following the example for Establishing an RFC Connection Using an Existing Destination given in this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/17/d609b48ea5f748b47c0f32be265935/frameset.htm

The exception is raised in the following line of code,

DestinationService dstService = (DestinationService) ctx.lookup(DestinationService.JNDI_KEY);

Thanks,

Agila

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you have defined the references for your application as explained here (Prerequisites)? http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/8b/8e7dac1e661d44bf2a676fd3948cc6/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos