Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Studio: Set up user/landscape mgmt without local admin rights

marcus_klsters
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there a way to set up the local user and landscape management at first start of MaxDB Database Studio without Windows local admin rights?

DB Studio is rolled out via software distribution tool at our site, but due to security policy we don't have local admin rights.

Are there Windows rights we could assign to normal users to enable them to start DB Studio themselves?

Best Regards

Marcus Klösters, TDS AG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marcus_klsters
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

unfortunately no one else seems to have this problem - or better a solution - for not having local admin rights on Windows when setting up local user and landscape management at first start of MaxDB Database Studio.

Should I better open a customer message at service marketplace?

Best Regards

Marcus Klösters, TDS AG

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marcus,

the installation of software usually requires admin rights on windows.

So I fail to see the software bug here (for what a support message would be useful).

regards,

Lars

marcus_klsters
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Lars,

it's not the problem of not having admin rights during installation of Database Studio, but only when starting the first time after installation for creating the .UMDB instance.

Our security policy doesn't allow admin rights for standard users on our client computers/notebooks. Therefore we have software distribution to also install Database Studio without any problems.

The collagues already tried to integrate a first start after installation, but this doesn't work reliably.

Is there a way to built in the creating of local user and landscape management into installation routine?

Can you designate other rights to give to standard users excepting admin rights?

I would appreciate your help because this problem is a constraint for rolling out MaxDB Database Studio as the new standard tool for over 70 SAP administrators.

Regards,

Marcus

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well the easiest way around this I can think of is to perform the first start of the DB Studio right after the installation as Administrator.

regards,

Lars