cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal 2008 ODBC Drivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We have installed Crystal 2008 but it does not appear to have installed any ODBC Drivers, when we installed Crystal v9 these were included. Are we missing something ? Is there an additional install we need? In particular we need the Informix 4.10 drivers or later. We did try installing our informix client which installs 3.31 drivers but when we try and connect to our datasource we receive the error:

Logon failed. Details: HY000:[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Illegal sqlhosts file Option/parameter. [Database Vendor Code: -27004]

Thanks in advance

Jon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can download the recommended drivers here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100008666562008E/cr_datadirect53_win32.zip

all downloads for CR can be found here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have dowloaded and installed the drivers you recommended but when I setup and try to connect using the CR Informix Driver I now see the following error - please advise ..

Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126 (CR Informix ODBC Driver 5.3)

Thanks

Jon Kerr

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please make sure you're using one of the supported Informix DBs:

IBM Informix Dynamic Server 11.1 or IBM Informix Dynamic Server 10.0

and make sure you've installed the client with the same version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are these the only versions of Informix DB supported by Crystal 2008 ? Do you not have an install for the 4.10 Informix Drivers to use with Crystal 2008 as I know we have successfully tested connectivity with these previously. Regards Jon

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jon

We only provide the data direct drivers which we recommend for use with CR2008... you may be able to get the drivers you mentioned from Informix/IBM.

You can find the supported databases in our supported platforms guide:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/crystalreports

The ones I previously mentioned are the supported informix DB and client versions.

Cheers,

Fritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

Is there a clever way we can tell what version the Informix Dynamic Server DB Version is from Crystal 9 (the version we're currently using) ? I am having difficultly finding a contact who looks after the backend.

Regards

Jon Kerr

0 Kudos

Error - Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126 (CR Informix ODBC Driver 5.3) indicates that the Client install did not update the PATH statement.

CR still uses the PATH to find the client, it typically points to the \bin folder.

Try adding the client install location tot he path and test again.

Don