cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place holders in Internationalization not working for french language.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my application, I am doing translation for French, German, Portuguese and Russian.

Everything is working fine for German, Portugues and Russian, But there is a problem for french ( _fr.xlf - language = FRENCH)

The text is getting translated, but not the place holders are not working, for example,

I have a text in message pool:

Yearly Demand Determination has not been completed for the Site and Program ID . when I log in as English, German, portuguese and Russian user, and are replaced by the passed values. But when I log in as French user, and are displayed as it is.

Kindly let me know about the possible mistake.

Regards,

Shilpa B.V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

asif_hirani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

this happens some times when you have Error setting langauge (French in your case) in S2X Editor. This is because sometime some special characters are not compatible or are not recognized by the editor. you may see same character working in other xlf files. Some of the options you can try are

1) remove special characters temporarily and save file, then add them after reopening _fr.xlf

2) Split the lines having special characters from other text

3) completely delete _fr.xlf file and recreate new one. basically you should not have any errors in 1st tab of S2X editor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hoping against hope...