Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed Xcelsius swf in FlashIsland

b_deterd2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to embed a dashboard created in XCelsius (swf file) in a Flashisland in my ABAP web dynpro.

I think it should be possible through the flashVars to communicate between the contextdata (WDA) and XCelsius swf.

I can't find any documentation adbout the possibilities of this so any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Bert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can't use the FlashVars to communicate the context. That isn't how the FlashIslands interface works. In Xcelsius 2008, there is a Data Manager interface type of External Interface Connection. That is what you should use to map data to the FlashIsland context.

You will need to write a wrapper Flex Component around the generated Xcelsius component. This wrapper will link to the FlashIslands library and perform the context mapping. Inside SAP we have prototypes of generic wrapper libraries, but those haven't been released yet. We would like to make this process of wrapping easier in the future.

b_deterd2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas,

I'll give it a try. Bit disappointing though. I thought it would be easier to achieve this.

No chance of a beta-release for the generic libraries ??

Regards,

Bert

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>No chance of a beta-release for the generic libraries ??

Sorry, but its not within my power to share. Hopefully in the near future this is a feature that is built directly into Xcelsius.

Answers (0)