cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

512 Mb Ram and NetWeaver??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, is it actually possible to install NetWeaver preview on a laptop with only 512 Mb Ram?

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have installed in a desktop with 1G... so i think you can.

Regards

Juan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx everyone foy your inputs, it seems like there isn't any tweek out there.

512Mb lite edition is a JAVA based and i want a ABAP one.

upgrade to 1Gb . yeah, it'd be ideal, but for now i got no money for that, i'm running miniSAP on a laptop with two 256Mb stick, so to make it 1Gb i'd have to pay not a few bucks but more.

instead i decided to install SAP mini WAS 6.20 with Fontend 6.40 a dit's seems ok for now.

anyway thanx for trying to help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx for your input, but i really need an ABAP edition. ive just started to learn it, so the Java one won't be good for me now.

but thanx anyway

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Kuatroka, I really think that you need a memory upgrade to run it. I'm actually running the sneak preview ABAP with 2g RAM. Works good. If you are trying to log on, and are getting a dump right away. Then it really doesn't like that you have 512mb RAM. I would suggest asking for another stick of 512 for your machine.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kuatroka

For ABAP, Min. 1GB, Intel Pentium III/1.1 GHz or higher, 13GB hard disc space recommended. (we are using the same config and peformance is satisfactory)

You can download it from here

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

Other system pre requsite is as follows

Full ABAP System Requirements

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 1) or Windows Server 2003

NTFS-File systems

Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher or Firefox 1.0 or higher

At least 1 GB RAM

Intel Pentium III/1.1 GHz or higher (or compatible)

13 GB hard disk space recommended

High-resolution monitor (1024x768 or higher, 256 colors)

Sun Microsystems J2SE SDK version 1.4.2_08 (Sun JDK 1.5 not tested)

If you have already installed SAP products on your computer, you must ensure that none of the systems are called "NSP".

The file C:WINNTsystem32driversetcservices (Windows 2000) or C:Windowssystem32driversetcservices (Windows XP) must not include an entry for the ports 3201, 3601 and 50000 to 50030. A possible entry can be excluded by using the hash symbol (#).

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

PS:Reward pts

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you can go ahead with slim edition SP11.512 MB RAM is sufficent. Check the pre -requiste & download from

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

PS:Reward pts

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, i tried and i have all kinds of errors. in the min requirements it'said : at least 1 Gb Ram, but i thought may be there is some tweek so i could install it with only 512 Mb