cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc to xi to file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus

what are the UDF's that are required when ever are we are sending standard idocs to file system??please provide me some UDF's

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
what are the UDF's that are required when ever are we are sending standard idocs to file system??please provide me some UDF's

None.

In PI there's nothing as Standard UDF. Its created on need basis when standard functions fail to acieve our requirement.

Regards

Soumen...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You dont need to wirte UDf for this.

Refer to Any blog for IDOC to file sCenario on SDN and you should be able to develop your scenario.

UDF's are only used to develop mappings whnn standard functions do satisfy the requirement.

Check this Link - /people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

-Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats true guys ..i mean in which situation we use UDF's ..can you provide me some examples ? Your help is appreciated.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be I can provide one example....I have asource field which contains data in this format Name1;Name2....length of Name1 and Name2 is not known and I have to split it into Name1 and Name2 and then map to corresponding target nodes....to do this I will develop a UDF which implements indexOf function......another example is of the famous concept of Dynamic Configuration ....lot many such examples available....may be providing them here wont be possible.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj Kumar ,

-->.i mean in which situation we use UDF's ..

Usually when the mapping requirement cannot be fulfilled by standard available functions .this requirment can be related to node handling and context chnage related .

Regards ,

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

UDF are user created ones and no standard UDF exists.

You go with writing the UDF only if it not possible to use the standard Graphical function for your business scenario.

Chech this thread for a UDF use case, however the same can be done with a standard function and hence does not require a UDF.

For your IDoc to File scenario, need for UDF depends upon the requirment...

~Sanv...

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no standard UDFs available....they have to be developed as per the scenario needs....for more information on how to write UDFs search SDN.

Regards,

Abhishek.