Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to keep Copied transport request as it is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all.

I have created one transport request in development but unfortunetlly the another function team transport request has been copied to my request now i saved that request . could i know if i deleted that request that copied request get any problem please guide me to resolve the problem.how to go ahead and keep that function team request as it is,i dont want to change anything in function team request.

Thanks

Deepak

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Why can't your changes and other team changes move together in same transport?? Is there any dependency??

Check out the contents of the transport in SE10. See if you can relate the content which relates to the changes done by functional team.You can then keep it as it is and delete your changes. This can only be done if the transport is still in modifiable state.

If you are not able to relate the transport contents then I would suggest you to delete the entire transport and create new ones.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Why can't your changes and other team changes move together in same transport?? Is there any dependency??

Check out the contents of the transport in SE10. See if you can relate the content which relates to the changes done by functional team.You can then keep it as it is and delete your changes. This can only be done if the transport is still in modifiable state.

If you are not able to relate the transport contents then I would suggest you to delete the entire transport and create new ones.

0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no dependancy , just i was taken that function team transport request for refrance that is not related to my transport request , just i had taken as a referance unfortunetlly done the things.

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

THe request copied by functional team to your request should be a Tasks under main request. And you can remove that task by checking with functional team , so that they can move the entries to their own request. But you can only remove the task if that is not released by changing the owner of transport, or if you have transport admin rights. Check with basis team if you don't have access.

Imp: Functional team can only confirm the impact of their transport to target system as they should be aware with the data in transport.

Cheers:)

Edited by: connecpk on Jan 29, 2010 9:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx