cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Disposition After Usage Decision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Im working on a scenario werein I need to change the Defect recording after I need to change the disposition of the material. The process is, the lot will be rejected, and will go to a certain Location. In this location, the user will decide whether it can be rework, return to vendor or use as is. User will need to key in in the system.

At first, I though I can just use of changing the usage decision. But they say they need the disposition per item in the defect code. But once I have done usage decision, Defect cannot be changed.

Please help to identify other process that I can do.

Thank you,

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use all char as "long term Inspection" In this case you can add or remove the codes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I set this in the system?

Thanks,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Select all MIC's control indicator & make each char as "long term" also make sure that all char are required char.

This can be done in task list level also for inividual char.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not doing result recording for characteristic. I just maintain the MIC for reporting purposes. In our scenario we just used Defect recording and Usage Decision.

How will the MIC affect my Defect Recording if I dont do result recording?

Thanks,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not doing result recording for characteristic. I just maintain the MIC for reporting purposes. In our scenario we just used Defect recording and Usage Decision.

How will the MIC affect my Defect Recording if I dont do result recording?

Dear

I think you must go through the documents of long term inspection.

Defect recording remains open if

1.Char is Long term inspection.

and

2.You have not forcefully closed the Inspection in QA32 screen(system throws mgs that char are still open & you want to close it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

is it advisable to do the reset of Inspection lot completion so I can change my defect recording?

Thanks,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have forcefully closed the lot then as per my knowledge it's not possible to rest the lot & do Defect recording again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I activated long term characteristic. I do not do result recording and when I try to do defects recording again after usage decision, it does not allow me because of ICCO status.

Now I'm trying to reverse the ICCO, is it best practice?

Thanks,

Raymond

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raymond

You are right. You can do the stock posting later once the disposition is done. It is a normal scenario

Regards

GN

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raymond

Then in that case the only solution will be to activate notification.Please follow this process

1) Maintaina default notification type in the inspection type in the config

2) When defect recording is done automaticaly notification will be created

3) When UD is given notification also gets closed automaticaly

4) Go to notification ( in UD screen , select the defect and click on Notification and put the notification back in process (menu button > function> Put back in process

5) Here you can edit the defect or add defect and automaticaly gets assigned to the inspection lot

Please check and revert back

Regards

GN

Edited by: Gajesh Nagesh on Feb 3, 2010 6:14 PM

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raymond

Then in that case the only solution will be to activate notification.Please follow this process

4) Go to notification ( in UD screen , select the defect and click on Notification and put the notification back in process (menu button > function> Put back in process

5) Here you can edit the defect or add defect and automaticaly gets assigned to the inspection lot

Regards

GN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

I tried and its working fine.. The Quality Notification is only dummy and no impact to the other module, right?

Also, is it OK if I do Usage Decision without releasing the stock and just released the stock after sometime?

Thanks,

Raymond

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raymond

Regards

GN

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raymond

Regards

GN

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raymond

Regards

GN

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raymond

Resetting the inspection completion is certainly not a best practise

May be you can use this process

Rework & rejection

1.Reject the material post to block stock

2.Move the material back from block to quality once you have decided to dispose . Use Tcode MB1B u2013 349 movement type (activate 08 inspection)

3 .Inspection lot created - you can do all defect recording here and disposition as per the defect

4. Based on the disposition given post the material to scrap, new material , unrestricted accordingly

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gajesh,

Then it means i need to do defect recording twice? this would be unacceptable to the user.

I'm thinking of a way to just change the Defect recording after Usage decision. During Usage decision, i will not yet post the stock to unrestricted. Although I have already rejected my Inspection lot, the stock is not yet release. I will just release the stock after disposition is done but the problem is I cannot change my defect recording.

Thanks,

Raymond