cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country and tax category in customer/material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we define the country and tax category and tax classification in customer/material master. My questions are :-

a) Is the country as above always the departure country in both customer/material master

b) if we create our customer/material master in one sales area only, lets say A(canadian sales org since customer is in canada) but the material is dispatched from different plants located in countries let's say germany,switzerland to our customer in Canada. Then the cust/material master will be created in one sales area A but the tax category will be different in cust/mat master and the country will be germany and switzerland in cust/mat master for the relevant tax catgory ? Am I right ?

rgds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a) Is the country as above always the departure country in both customer/material master

>>> As per as my understanding Country of departure is take default from PLANT

b) if we create our customer/material master in one sales area only, lets say A(canadian sales org since customer is in canada) but the material is dispatched from different plants located in countries let's say germany,switzerland to our customer in Canada. Then the cust/material master will be created in one sales area A but the tax category will be different in cust/mat master and the country will be germany and switzerland in cust/mat master for the relevant tax catgory ? Am I right ?

>>> Tax relevancy is defined in one sales are that is canada,But the dispatch happens through other country,

If here u want to apply taxes according to dispatched country then, you have to option for that as PLANTS ABROAD

Configure it in

IMG >> SD >> Basic functions >> Taxes >> Plants abroad.

Kapil