cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to debug smartform for particular output type ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am having one smartfrom which executes through VF03 (i.e. billing document)->issue output .

then user will select output type and can view the output...

I have placed a break-point in code lines of smartform..still i am not able to debug.

pls help...How should i debug the smartform in this case??

Thanx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Smartform getting called in update task is one possibilty but , another possibility may be a different form may be getting called so put a break point on FM SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME and check the smartform name if correct one is getting called or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please see the link

SFTRACE

in this link i have a prog name RSNAST00 in the ECC 6 version line is differ 1202 and the code will be like this

do 5 times varying ronam from *tnapr-ronam next *tnapr-ronam2

varying fonam from *tnapr-fonam next *tnapr-fonam2

varying pgnam from *tnapr-pgnam next *tnapr-pgnam2.

check pgnam ne space.

tnapr-ronam = ronam.

tnapr-fonam = fonam.

tnapr-pgnam = pgnam.

if tnapr-ronam ne space or tnapr-pgnam ne space.

keep the break point there and try it will trigger here.

Thanks,

santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have put the BREAK-POINT in smartform code lines..also session break-point at FM calling smartform.

But still it is not stopping at break-point of smartform code lines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to debug the Smartform Just go to the function module and find perform %global_init and put the break-point,

whenever the smartform is being called from the driver program it will stop at the global_init perform.

Hope it will help you.

Jatender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You said you are writing BREAK-POINT statement in smartform and stil it is not going into debug mode. Check the code, that part of code might not be executing due to some conditions because if you write BREAK-POINT statement definately it will go into debug mode untill unless it is not exected.

Try to place BREAK-POINT in executed code part.

Hope this gives you some idea.

Regards,

Aswini

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

break-points never work when the program is ran in update task (even initiated by dialog). So, it's maybe your case (when you print by using a create or change transaction, the printout is often ran during the update task).

First initiate the "update debug" (you may do so by using /H, and in the debugger, activate "update debug" somewhere in the menu)

Then start the smart form, SAP will display debug screen when update task is started.

From this debug screen, add a break-point on the routine or function module you want (F9 key)

Press continue, and you'll stop at the break-point

Note: if you add a break-point from outside the update task debug, it may not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can debug the Smartform Right away by putting the Break point at the %global_init in the Smartform Function module Source Code.

Hope this will help you.

Jatender

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From NACE get the Driver Program name for that output type.

Place a SESSION BREAK-POINT on the FM calling SMARTFORM.