cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV01n query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What is the application of the following tabs in CV01n transaction and how do we implement these tabs:

1) CM relevnce check box

2) Change Number

3) Superior Document

4) Document part

Through F1 I am getting only the brief description not the application. So please revert back.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding your question I think your are talking about fields in CV01N not tabs. Because the following terms are just displayed as fields on the document data tab in CV01N:

Change Number: Here you can enter a change number which allows you to monitor changes made to this document info record. A change number could be created and customized in transaction CC01 and edited in CC02.

Superior Document: This fields could be used to define a document hierarchy. By entering a document number, type, part and version in these fields you link these documents together in a hierarchy.

Document part: This is just one of the key fields for the document info record. This field is normally filled with value '000' for the

first time you create a document info record. If you now want to create another document info record with the same

document number you can weither use another document part (e.g. 001, 002,...) or create another document version.

CM relevance check box

This checkbox could be set in transaction DC10 and enables you to fix document info records of this document type.

Once a document info record has been fixed, you cannot change the document info record. If you want to process the document further, create a new document version.

- Fixing a Document Info Record

Use

The system fixes a document info record if it is part of a Baseline and

fulfills the prerequisites outlined below. During fixing, it is

determined that the processing status of the document can be reproduced

on the key date of the Baseline.

Prerequisites

A document info record is only fixed if it meets the following

conditions:

The document info record is flagged as relevant for Configuration

Management.

See also: Indicating the relevant objects.

The document info record is available in a document status for which the release flag has been set.

See also: Customizing document management, work step Define document type, Navigation step Define document status.

I hope this information could be useful for you.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey thanks a ton. Can you just throw some light on Change number and its application?

Thanks in advance.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you just throw some light on Change number and its application?

Hi Ritesh

It'll be used in conjunction with ECM (Engineering Change Management).

To use this, you must have already set Change master record in configuration.

Change master record groups together logically linked documents & other SAP objects. If you use, Chnage number option, then system will determine the valid date from the header of the change master record.

Regards

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, how do I set the number range for CV01N?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi philipx,

The number in the CV01n can be Internal or External based on the configuration set for particular Document Type ( DC10)

If the option in DC10 for Number Assgmt is 1, it will take internal number range and if the option if 2, it will take external number range ( Any number or alphabet you can enter ). There is one more type of number range called mixed number range which is combination of both internal and external.

Number Range can be configured using TCode OD00, Select Change Internal and Insert Interval which you wanted to create.There will be a click box EXT by selecting which you can declare to be used as External Number Range.

Hope I answered your question.

Rgds,

Sudharshan M