cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDLS running long on RSDDSTATDTP for BI7.0 System

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. The system is BI7.0, and we are doing System Copy by Backup Restore

2. When we ran BDLS, seems like all tables/objects are converted (till Z*..) from Source System to Target. Though the BDLSS Logs shows clean and completed, but but the RBDLSMAP program stuck at the table RSDDSTATDTP

3. I can see it in SM50, the DIA process in update Action running on the table RSDDSTATDTP with the Report SBDLS90020100127115256 for more than 24 hours

This table has 12 Million records, but taking long time, any Ideas... ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anantha

There is a good [blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4796] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; on optimising the BDLS run time.

For your particular table (RSDDSTATDTP), if you create a temporary index on the field LOGSYS you will get huge performance improvement as the update will use this index rather than performing a table scan.

Regards

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the information....

Index creation is not helping as it is an update on 12 millions records (3 Gigs) table RSDDSTATDTP - (UPDATE "RSDDSTATDTP" SET "LOGSYS" = :A0 WHERE "LOGSYS" = :A1 AND ROWNUM <= :A2 #).

FYI: I got a note from my BI.Colleague saying that the data in the table RSDDSTATDTP can be deleted as it is not necessary in the Target System. At least that helps me for now, at this moment...

By the way: Are there any tips & tricks for a BI Refresh?

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can get better performance if you run BDLS conversion in NO ARCHIVE MODE.

As contents of the table RSDDSTATDTP will not be required in the system you will build, just delete those contents and reorganize the table. Then run BDLS.

Regards

Anindya

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 3. I can see it in SM50, the DIA process in update Action running on the table RSDDSTATDTP with the Report SBDLS90020100127115256 for more than 24 hours

Those are statistics for BIA accesses. Check if you can delete them using

Note 1159260 - Counter for BIA read accesses

Markus