cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SRM and Supplier Portal Performance Testing with HP LoadRunner 9.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently working on performance testing SRM and SUS Portals, some of the business processes involve SAP Web Dynpro ABAP

i have the following questions about using loadrunner, we have been having a tough time with creating the scripts in vugen using SAP WEB and WEB HTML/HTTP

questions

1) which mode is best for SAP Netweaver Portal based applications, these applications are also WebDynpro ABAP ?

2) can you list any specific correlation values other the ones listed below

sap-ext-id,

sap-contextid,

WID,

dsmguid,

GUSID,

sap-wd-tstamp

3)Web html/http protocol or SAP WEB? and why?

4) do you delete all the emptyhover.html and emptydocument.html blocks?

5) any documentation that you know of about Loadrunner and SAP EP or Supplier portal. i have seen a great document from SAP about BOBJ with LoadRunner, with technical details and screenshots of the runtime settings, one by one.

I would appreciate all responses, Thank you all in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197561
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Musa Azar,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) which mode is best for SAP Netweaver Portal based applications, these applications are also WebDynpro ABAP ?

I always use the URL recording mode.

2) can you list any specific correlation values other the ones listed below

sap-ext-id, sap-contextid, WID, dsmguid, GUSID,sap-wd-tstamp

The most secure way to get all correlation rules for concrete product release, including customer extensions, if there are is to record the script 2 times without any correlations and then based on the differences to define a set of rules concretely for the script. After correlation rules are defined - take one of the scripts and run the "regenerate script" feature of Load Runner.

General rules very rarely match to all releases -therefore it is much less effort to prepare correlation rules concretely for the script.

3) Web html/http protocol or SAP WEB? and why?

I always use the Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol in Load Runner.

4) do you delete all the emptyhover.html and emptydocument.html blocks?

I do not delete any of the recorded URLs. If they are recorded, they are triggered by browser and if I delete it that would make the test not correspond reality.

5) any documentation that you know of about Loadrunner and SAP EP or Supplier portal. i have seen a great document from SAP about BOBJ with LoadRunner, with technical details and screenshots of the runtime settings, one by one.

There is document which outlines important Portal load testing  aspects: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7099

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, i currently working on performance testing of SAP SRM web dynpro applications using hp performance center 11.0, but i am facing the same problem that you face in past

if u able to handle the session values at that time please help me

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Azar,

we are in middle of SAP SRM/Portal performance testing and having trouble with HP LR script could you please share you're experience on this(lesson learned, how to create vgen script etc)

Thanks

Shaik