Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay on first load of iViews in Enterprise Portal, question on Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are running CRM 2004s with Enterprise Portal on Oracle 10.2 with Java 1.4.2

We are having an issue where the first end user of each day or week experiences a "delay" loading iViews and summary reports, etc. in the portal for the first time. The delay is about two minutes. This only happens once, and we believe this is normal behavior for Java loading, especially since we have a low user count in our CRM system.

End users find this one-time daily delay unacceptable however, and this brings me to my question.

Is it possible to either tune certain JVM params or set some sort of "keep alive" in the Portal so that Java will not drop out of memory, and the first end user signing in each day will not experience this delay? I am unaware of any myself so I figured I would ask the experts here whether this is even possible.

Any help or documentation I could be pointed to on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As you said : we have a low user count in our CRM system.It is clear that it is not a problem from JVM .But could be from implementation of that Iview , can u please proivde us details of this Iview

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Yes, the iView is when a user performs a search in the "accounts summary" iview. They successfully receive the data they were looking for, but the first person to go into this iview each morning has to wait up to 6 minutes for it to load.

Each time after, performing identical searches, and other users performing this, the response time is very quick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We eventually had our PORTAL team review the implementation of their iviews, and were given some JAVA parameters to adjust from OSS.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

There is one setting in the server from the basis side, we can set parameter Icm/keep_alive_timeout , could you pls take help of the basis team.

Deepak!!!