cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 10.2.0.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know when 10.2.0.5 will be released? Notes mention beginning of 2010 but is that Jan? Feb? March?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should wait for 11.2. SAP should certify it in Q2-2010

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I am aware of 11.2 but would rather wait until 2011 for the dust to settle. I prefer to go 10.2.0.5 but there is no info..

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then, it looks like SAP will not release it. They are probably too occupied on validating Oracle 11.2.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

>

> Then, it looks like SAP will not release it. They are probably too occupied on validating Oracle 11.2.

Hi,

Where do you get "such" information?

<mode sarcastic on>

Guesses?

Crystal ball?

Inside information?

<mode sarcastic off>

Oracle is the company that should release 10.2.0.5.

Meanwhile Oracle does not release it, SAP cannot do anything.

Sorry, it can spend the time validating Oracle 11.2, instead of doing "nothing"

In addition, SAP and oracle are interested in 10.2.0.5 because it is a prerequirement to get the "free" extended support for 10.2

But you will have to wait until Oracle finishes its validations

> you should wait for 11.2. SAP should certify it in Q2-2010

11.2 is schedluded for Q1, first wave, because as you should know Oracle has not released 11.2 for all platforms (for example, Windows is missing)

Please, if someone request this kind of information, try to be a little more accurate

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fidel, did my answer look like an official statement? nope.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your answers. I was hoping SAP would jump in here with some direction.

I too believe 10.2.0.5 will be released. For planning reasons I was hoping SAP would share an approximate date as I would think Oracle would let them know.

Even when 11.2 comes out for SAP I really do not want to be one of the first to put in on my system. Would rather wait until years end or QTR1 2011.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

11.2 support is already available in ramp-up so clients. when it will become generally available, you will not really be the first to implement it.

being safe is probably key here. I will wait a few months too, but might install 11.2 on a sandbox machine to start out with.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the below link for your answer

[|]

and see the line..

AFAIK, 10.2.0.5 is only a OEM Grid Control release, not a database server release.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this [SAP Note 1339724 - Oracle 10.2 Extended Support free until July 31, 2011|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1339724] and other related SAP Notes to get more information.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff