cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying the exact channel with the channel ID.. Is this possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have around 150 file sender channels. At certain instances, I could see locks for the file adapters in VA.

The only detail I get from VA is the channel ID. Now how do I look for the exact communication channel which is affected by the lock. Manually checking each channel is time-consuming.

I wanted to know if we could identify the exact channel with the help of channel ID in PI?

Regards,

Prajeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think there is any way you can find the erroneous channel using channel ID coz there is no option in RWB to use channel ID...you can find it only in ID by clicking channel properties...there its known as object ID.....

However you can filter in channel monitoring as "channel with errors" to chk the locked channels....

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pinangshuk,

Yeah you are correct. Looks like thats the only way a channel ID could be identified with a channel (which is sad).

Thanks for your response though.

Regards,

Prajeet

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prajeet,

Have you seen this blog: /people/iliya.kuznetsov2/blog/2009/06/18/simple-reporting-over-pi-communications-channels

I guess this might be helpful in your case

Regards

Suraj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

go to RWB, component monitoring , adapter engine , communication channel and give filter there

select channel type file and direction sender and status channel with errors

There you can see your channel in error

Thanks

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak & Sandeep,

When the channel is hung (or there is a lock for a channel), we do not see the channel in error in CCM. It still indicates the status as 'functioning' (green).

The only way we identify is through the channel logs. It just states 'Processing started' for every schedule, but no data is picked and processed.

Regards,

Prajeet

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When the channel is hung (or there is a lock for a channel), we do not see the channel in error in CCM. It still indicates the 
status as 'functioning' (green).

Such issues dont get logged, we have to manually monitor it (locking of an adapter ). Only when green truns red, the errors get logged!

Regards,

Abhishek.

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi prajeet,

You monitor your communication channel in communication channel monitoring in Adapter engine.

You will come to know of any channel in error over there.

Regards,

Deepak,