Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ADHOC Query execute only

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

I have setup a new role and made adhoc query for users to be able to maintain, change etc......

"

You can set up authorizations in such a way, that certain end-users in a user group are authorized to maintain and execute queries, while other members of the same user group are authorized only to execute existing queries."

the above statement, states other memebrs can be setup to execute only?

what must I do to make the endsers allow them to execute the query only?

for the first set of users i have within object S_QUERY made them to use change, maintain and translate.

thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume that you are comfortable with the query user group concept. That will govern what queries people can access.

If you don't give them S_QUERY with activity 02 or 23 then they will be able to execute but not change the queries that they are allowed through the user group assignment

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume that you are comfortable with the query user group concept. That will govern what queries people can access.

If you don't give them S_QUERY with activity 02 or 23 then they will be able to execute but not change the queries that they are allowed through the user group assignment

0 Kudos

Hi there,

thats great, thats what i thought,

also, i am using S_PH0_48000513 for my query writer, is there a AD-HOC query writer tranaaction for display QUERY?

0 Kudos

Hi

If i dont give them S_QUERY, when i execute the transaction is gives me an error message showing the following

User TEST is not assigned to any user group?

0 Kudos

There is info here: http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_NW70EHP1/helpdata/EN/de/45daf69ef111d195050000e82de14a/content.htm and here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/de/45daf69ef111d195050000e82de14a/content.htm

Users with S_QUERY actvt=02 can move between infosets with no problem. If you are removing this then you need to specify which infosets are assigned to a user group and which users are assigned to the user group. If you have lots of users and queries already then this may be a big piece of work and illustrates why use of queries may save time for one team (developers) but give more work for others.

0 Kudos

Sorry, I'm not familiar with S_PH0_48000513 unfortunately.

I usually use SQ01 or SQ00 as the entry point. The ability to execute is defined by the auths rather than the transaction entry point.