cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Delivery Order Creation fails due to missing Ship.Office

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to evaluate the possibilities of EWM and while we have successfully set up an EWM as an Add-On in the ERP system, I'm facing a problem in the outbound process (with default customizing), which I can't seem to solve:

When I release an outbound delivery in VL01n to the EWM warehouse, the system processes the SAVEREPLICA method and successfully creates an Outbound Delivery Request. However, this ODR is inactive, because the automatic ODO creation fails with error:

/SCDL/ICC001 (Field Header: Shipping Office: Location No. is a required field for the action HDR: PDO Save Document Header)

The Shipping Office field itself is not editable and a shipping point is available in the ERP delivery (the shipping points have also been successfully transfered to EWM and locations and SCUs exist for them).

While I could disable the check in the corresponding Incompleteness Check, I would prefer to find out why this problem occurs in the first place. Since the customizing is the default customizing, which came with EWM, I believe that SAP will have had its reasons for configuring this check. Plus I assume that the shipping point in the ERP delivery should be used as shipping office (since CIF transfers shipping points).

Does anyone have any ideas, which parameterization/customizing/master data I might be missing? How does EWM determine the shipping office of Outbound Delivery Orders?

Thanks and Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

venkatasasidhargupta_gada
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned at the beginning of my post, the EWM is set up as an Add-On in ECC 6.0.

I have also found out that the shipping office is filled if the warehouse SCU has property 'SO' or a SCU with property 'SO' is linked to the warehouse in the SCU hierarchy. Although the second part is only thrue if the SCU hierarchy matches the rules defined in table /SCMB/TOEALLRS. If not EWM discards its entries without error message.

It is quite sad, that said table is not mentioned anywhere in the documentation and I had to step my way through the debugger to find it. It also seems that while the shipping points are transferred to EWM via CIF, they are not actually used for Shipping and Receiving Office (the coding to set the RO/SO in the PPF simply picks the first SCU it can find).

Sad to see that I had to debug for two days to find out something that could have been answered in the manual in two sentences

Regards,

Michael K.

Peter_Zoellner
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I just ran into the same problem at my customer and found what you found. If you are only dealing with one SO/RO assigned in the SCU Hierachy to your warehouse, then everything should work out fine. In case you have more than one SO/RO assigned you will have to implement [this Badi|http://www.knowscm.net/content/badi-determine-shipping-office-receiving-office] to get the mapping done right.

Cheers, Peter.

ps: maybe [http://www.knowscm.net] can heal your sadness a little bit ;O)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Have you set up / implemented EWM (Extended Warehouse management) as a part of ECC 6.0 functionality or you have implemented it as a part of SCM?

Please confirm.

Best regards.

Sanjay