cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying a .Net application in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an .net application and now i want to incorporate this .net application in portal (or)

I have a .net application now i want to deploy this application into portal in a iview.

can any one explain me what are the step to be followed and preferrably with some solution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi geetha,

When you say you "have a .net application" I am guessing it's an ASP.NET. If so, you have 2 options -

1. You can deploy this application to an IIS server and create a url iView to each page in this application

2. You can migrate your application to the PDK for .NET. This will let you have a "tighter" integration with the portal, and you will not need an IIS. Though this solution might require that you do some changes in your application (UI - to fit the portal UI you can use the set of supplied controls, navigation is different in a portal etc'). There is no "formal" guide on how to do it, but you should basically create a SAP .NET project, and add your content there (copy from the original app). SAP iViews (using the PDK) can also contain regular user controls, if you had those in your application.

Good luck,

Ofer