cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net Connector: No connection for SAP under "Server Explorer"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Microsoft Visual Studio 2003, Java Runtime Environment 1.4, and SAP .Net Connector 2.0 installed in a WinXP machine and was able to add a proxy class to connect to SAP, however I can not find the data connection for SAP under "Server Explorer". What could be wrong? Or did I miss any step?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

I have read that before, and I think I had all the required software installed, except that I only have Visual Basic.Net 2003, not a full version of Visual Studio. Actually today I tried the installation on a new machine but the result is the same.

I will try to get a full evaluation version of VS.Net to test with, but may need to wait for a week or so before I can get it.

Thanks,

Sunny

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately .NET Connector requires VS 2003 Professional. AFAIK VB .NET is a Standard Edition that doesn't support extensions to the Server Explorer.

Which root nodes do you see in your Server Explorer?

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got an error at time my function to drag and drop function into the SAPProxy1.sapwsdl file.I develope my project as asp.net web application in Visual Studio .NET 2003.

I think, If I see my function at server explorer, how Sap connection can be wrong I dont understand. while I just drag and drop function into the SAPProxy1.sapwsdl file, I get an error.

I installed:

SAP.Net.Setup_2.0

Java 6 update 11 (jr6)

but I 'm getting error below:

using logging implementation u201CAII Loggingu201D Exception in thread u201Cmainu201D com.sap.aii.upload.sap.SAPConnectionexception$connectFailed:Unable to establish connection to R/3 system u2026.(system=..;client..;)

at com.sap.aii.upload.sap.SAPConnection.connect(SAPConnection.java:103)

at com.sap.aii.upload.sap.SAPConnection.(SAPConnection.java:38)

at com.sap.aii.upload.tool.RFC2WSDLTool.getWSDLforRFCs(RFC2WSDLTool.java:81)

at com.sap.aii.upload.tool.RFC2WSDLTool.main(RFC2WSDLTool.java:196)

How can I solve this situation?.

Thank You

Edited by: emrean on Aug 25, 2009 12:54 PM

Edited by: emrean on Aug 25, 2009 12:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, finally I got the VS.Net Professional and it solved this problem.

Thank you all for your kind help!

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Server Explorer there is only a blank group "Data Connections".

If VS.Net professional is required, then I believe this is the answer to my question. So I just need to wait for the evaluation copy to confirm that.

Thanks for your kind help, I do appreciate that.

Regards,

Sunny Lau

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In Server Explorer there is only a blank group "Data

> Connections".

Yes, this means "Standard Edition".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry guys, I am not going through the SDN Tutorials as I don't have SAP portal. I just installed VS.Net 2003, JDE 1.4 and SAP .Net 2.0 according to the user guide. Clicking on the refresh button (and reboot the machine) does not help.

I would repeat the installation on another machine tomorrow if the above is all I need to do.

Regards,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Check out this link...

It may be useful to you...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b4/79cb9463b89a41a73e1e2805eb4bf7/frameset.htm

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Did you try clicking the refresh button at the top of the server explorer? it usually helps for a fresh installation...

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran B.,

No I did not install PDK for .NET in the Development machine.. Is it required to do so? I did not see any document mentions it.

For "Portal Server"? Do you mean SAP Portal? We don't have it currently.

Thanks & Regards,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny Lau,

If you want to work with sap database from the .net environment you need to have a ...

1. R/3 Server

2. Portal Server with PDK runtime & .NET Connector installed on it.

3. A Development machine with VS.NET including PDK for .NET installed on it.

You will finally depoly you application in the Portal Server Only. Your Portal Server will be like a bridge between your R/3 system and your .NET Application

Hope it helps you.

Thanks & Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

He only needs the PDK if he is using the SAP portal... which he didn't say he is.

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ofer,

I thought he is going through the SDN Tutorials...

I have asked that in my first reply.

But he has not denied what i asked!

So i am on the assumption that he is working with tutorials...

In the tutorial... you can see that they had given to create a portal components...(For this you need portal add in...)

(I donot know about the other tutorials that are not related to portal components that is involving sap proxy)

If you found any tutorial please provide those links... in this thread.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maheswaran B.,

Thanks for your prompt reply. However, in my machine, under Server Explorer, there are only 3 icons available: Refresh, Stop Refresh, and Connect to Database. Under it is the blank group "Data Connections". - There is no Application server or Portals. Maybe this has anything to do with my VS.Net 2003 installation? I am an ABAP programmer and am pretty new to VS.Net.

Thanks again.

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

1. Have you installed PDK for .NET in the Development Machine?

2. Have your installed PDK for .NET Runtime in the Portal Server?

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Message was edited by: Maheswaran B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny lau,

Welcome to SDN Forums.

Are you trying to do some tutorials from the sdn?

1. In Server Explorer you have Application Server and Portals.

2. Right Click on the Portals and you can see the Add Portal... option.

3. Click to add the portal and give the nessary details.

4. Right Click the Destination Folder inside the portal and choose Add destination.

5. If you have created system and sytem alias in the portal server, it will list you the system alias names.

6. Choose your target system alias name by checking the check box. Click ok after selecting your system alias.

7. Now you will have all the system aliases names that you have selected within the destination folder of the portal.

8. Now your system alias are the PortalDestination Component for your portal components.

9. Drag and drop the system alias in any of your portal component to add the connection.

hope it solves your problem.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

PS: Reward points for useful answers.

Message was edited by: Maheswaran B