Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to print label getting standard text as it appears in so10

former_member589517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a so10 object ,script contains only one window i.e main and we call so10 object in script by using statement 'Include &standrdtxt& object text id ST lang EN' ( standrdrxt contains text name)but instead of printing label it is printing the exact thing maintained in so10 object. the so10 object contains lines as mention below

<STX><ESC>K<ETX>

<STX><60>SI<62>L1000<ETX> , etc.....

As it is apperaing in the print preview,what is the <STX>....<ETX> and where it is maintained .What should i do so that label get print .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member589517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The below is the full information what exactly is happening .

the user had a Win 2000 computer that the Intermec 3600 is attached through nullmodem serial cable as a local printer. The user would log on to SAP on that computer and selected the ZNW_DTILABEL transaction (driver program). Within the transaction, the user would specify LOCL to send communication to printer. The Win 2000 machine is being replaced due to discontinued support issues later this year.The new machine has Win XP and does not currently communicate with printer.

user is telling that

There must be something in this transaction programming that assumes language from Win 2000 that a recent 1/12/2010 Hotfix KB97220 had to be removed off the Win 2000 computer in order for the SAP transaction to communicate to the printer.

I don't find anything in coding which is not allowing to print label, if i print from my PC i am getting text <STX>...<ETX> as said in first post instead of label.what would be the problem with XP or wht needs to be maintained in XP.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[Microsoft KB 97220|support.microsoft.com/kb/97220] does not exist

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member589517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the problem is with printer connection or something else.not with script.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you install the latest Intermec XP driver?

former_member589517
Participant
0 Kudos

changed the format to DINA4 and worked fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member589517
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply...

SAPscript program is creating labels as DINA3 format. they were using the another device type,now they are using device type LB_INT.i need to make a change such that it should support LB_INT device type either in program or in script .what should i do?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LB_INT device type = line printer, it doesn't contain any printer command at all.

But for which printer model do you want to make it work?

And what was the previous printer model?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

STX, ETX are control codes that are not interpreted by SAP, but by the printer. So, SAP just displays them, but the printer interprets them (you must print to a given printer model so that it is able to interpret it).

I guess this has worked in the past, or it works with some printers?

If yes, it probably means that either you replaced the printer with another model, or you tried to print to an unsupported printer, or someone has changed the emulation (check it at printer panel control).

Search the forum with STX, ETX, you'll get more information, and refer to your printer programming guide too.