cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"AUTO ARCHIVE LOCATION" of the configuration of the SPM module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to know the option of the "AUTO ARCHIVE LOCATION" of the configuration of the SPM module of the SAP GRC AC 5.3 SP9.

This option saves the log directly in a server directory? Where does it save the log? And what does it save?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards.

Pablo Mortera.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

Thank you for the information.

You have said: There is a setting where you can configure that while archiving delete the logs from SPM.

What setting is that? is it a configuration parameter?

And when you say: until you upload the archived logs into SPM.

Do you mean to upload the log in the Java SPM module, where the other 3 modules are (RAR, CUP, ERM)?

Thank you in advance.

Pablo Mortera.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

There is a setting where you can configure that while archiving delete the logs from SPM.

What setting is that? is it a configuration parameter? This would be a parameter you set it up while doing archiving via Administration -> Delete/Download LogAnd when you say: until you upload the archived logs into SPM.

Do you mean to upload the log in the Java SPM module, where the other 3 modules are (RAR, CUP, ERM)? No. for SPM/FF, all the actions are taken in the backend SAP system. The Web/Java SPM piece is only to see reports.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alpesh,

I still have a doubt about the parameter of the SAP GRC AC 5.3 SP9 of the SPM Module.

When we use the parameter AUTO ARCHIVE LOCATION, we can select a server directory where we can save the log of the SPM.

But when we use it, does it desactivate the log file os the SPM in the Database?

Can I choose a shared domain directory instead of a server directory?

Best Regards.

Pablo Mortera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Please find my response below:

But when we use it, does it desactivate the log file os the SPM in the Database? No, it won't. There is a setting where you can configure that while archiving delete the logs from SPM. If you turn this on then you won't see the logs until you upload the archived logs into SPM. If you keep this option off, it will keep all the logs in SPM as well.

Can I choose a shared domain directory instead of a server directory? Yes, you can as long as it is accessible by the server.

Cheers,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

Here is my response:

This option saves the log directly in a server directory? Yes

Where does it save the log? Logs will be saved in SPM tables but when you archive they will be moved to a folder.

And what does it save?

Superuser Privilege Management saves data in three text files, each of which archive

different log data:

􀁸 Session log (SLOG) files

􀁸 Transaction log (TLOG) files

􀁸 Change log (CLOG) files

The Download button on the ID-based log report downloads the SLOG, TLOG, and

CLOG files as one consolidated file. You must perform any changes to the

downloaded file manually.

SLOG Files

Files that end with SLOG store Firefighter ID logon events. Each row in the spreadsheet

records a Firefighter ID logon event. The column headings are: Firefighter ID, Firefighter,

Session Date, Session Time, Reason, and Activity.

TLOG Files

Files that end with TLOG store transaction type records. Each row in the spreadsheet is the

Transaction Type record for the corresponding row in the SLOG table. The column headings

are: Firefighter ID, Transaction Date, Transaction Time, Server Name, Transaction Code,

Report Name, and Report Title.

CLOG Files

Files that end with CLOG store transaction change records. The column headings are:

Firefighter ID, Firefighter, Session Date, Session Time, Object ID, Transaction Data,

Transaction Time, Transaction Code, Table Name, Field Name, Field

Regards,

Alpesh