cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Smart form data for 6000 Invoice documents into Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using RSNAST000 program currently we are printing samrtform.

Instead of printing data in smartform i need to write into excel.

Please let me know the logic to do this i need to write 6000 smartforms(Invoice documents) data into Excel.

Thanks

Bhuvana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhuvaneswari,

OK you could configure the raw data output, but have you ever tried to put more than 64k lines into excel? For 6000 invoices you can not use more than 6.4 records per invoice.

Regards,

Clemens

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As this general question was asked many times in the forum, please search...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is Through MR90 transaction we are calling RSNAST00 onternally RSNAST00 is calling TNAPR table

identifying Smartform and Print program name and printing the smartform.

This is happening when we are selecting one invoice document from MR90 transaction output and pressing Print priview button.

Instead of displaying output of each invoice doucument in Smartform i want to write output in excel file.

This should be repeated for all Invoice documents which are coming in MR90 output.

Please help me on this issue.

Thnaks

Bhuvana

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SAP, when using message control (TNAPR), I don't know if it's possible to preview all printouts in one shot.

Maybe a workaround could be to generate the spool (so button Print instead of Print Preview) by entering these options in the print dialog: "print immediately" = space, "delete spool" = space, "final spool" = space. It will then append all spools to one spool only. Then you may go to SP01 and display the spool.

Do you really need an excel file? (do you want to convert smart forms into PDFs and include the PDFs in the Excel as images?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't want to create spool, instead of displaying output in smartform.

I want the output in excel.not images it should be saved in the excel sheet one by one invoice document in same excel.

Thanks

Bhuvana

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you want the smart forms be stored in the Excel identical to SAP render?

Do you imagine how complex that would be, to calculate the columns and rows so that to align the boxes, texts, etc. or how complex that would be to create graphics in Excel so that they look like SAP render.

It doesn't exist in standard, and very probably no-one has developped that tool.

So the only solution is to use PDFs inside Excel. Easiest is spool of course (and delete it when you don't need it).

Or maybe you want something more simple?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But user want this functionality, i should send all the invoice documents data in excel sheet

instead of individual smartforms.

Please help me.

Thanks

Bhuvana

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ask him how he thinks smart forms can be embedded in Excel, and why he wants Excel (for which benefit, for using which functions of Excel?). He has an idea, for sure.

Technical possibilities of Excel to embed graphical documents are very limited, I mean 2 solutions: either storing the whole document as an image (rather easy), or split the document into pieces of text (into cells) and boxes and images (stored as Excel graphical elements) with a rather bad render (highly complex, I mean unfeasible).

- If his idea is to embed them as images (PDFs), then show him the result : 50 kb to 500 kb for each smart form = excel of several mega bytes. He will certainly regret. Moreover I don't see the interest.

On the other way, propose him to store smart forms in a single spool, so he will be able to display (it's then equivalent to preview) all of them at the same time. He'll surely agree that it's the most efficient way.

Propose him proofs of concepts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently every week we are printing smartforms using RSNAST00 Program. Manually they are collecting print copies and sending to vendor in envelop.

But now they are asking these smartforms data in Excel on application server, they are having third party software B2B which

will take our excel file data from Application server.

Thanks

Bhuvana

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't you mean that their B2B software needs a kind of structured data in the excel, like IDoc, XML (XSF for smart forms), RDI, GOF, CSV (Excel-compatible, maybe it's what they want), etc.?

Ask them (the B2B experts) what format(s) are supported by their B2B software. I repeat: Excel is not a format, it means nothing.

In case they want a CSV file, you must ask them the exact structure they want (nobody else can't answer).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. B2B will support CSV format.They are asking for CSV format which has to be available in Application server.They provided the format.

Plaese let me know how to achieve it.

Thnaks

Bhuvana

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, forget your smart form.

Instead, you should create the CSV file from zero in your ABAP program, as a text file. Make sure what encoding (UTF-16LE for example) and what field separator (tabulation character for example) the B2B team expects.

See [wiki - Excel files - CSV format|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Excelfiles-CSVformat] and [wiki - Working with files|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Workingwithfiles].

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rossi,

Thanks for providing info on Files.

Plaese let me know if the following steps are wrong to get this output.

1. Using RSNAST00 Program.

2. Using the existing Smartform print program, commenting out call smartform logic and new logic to save data \

in Application server using Open data set method.

Above step will be repeated for Invoice documents which are input to Print program from RSNAST00 and appended to the same file in application server.

Thanks

Bhuvana

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of going through MR90 and calling the print progarm for the invoice data being sent thru MR90 why dont u entirely go for a custom report, saves u the overhead or anyways u can go ahead as u suggested above that u write the code in the print program itself, but i feel going entirely for an custom report with custom tcode for the users would be a better option