cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI- activation failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I created project and i modified in developement under NWDI developement configuration for ESS,when I'm tring to activate the DC's, Here i'm getting error in action view log

CBS Build Log - [ NDV_NDVDEV_D/sap.com_SAP_ESS_1/default/ /sap.com/ess/us/pdata

No build log available. The DC has not been built in this request.

anybody help me on this.

Edited by: MaheeshReddY on Jan 28, 2010 10:47 AM

Edited by: MaheeshReddY on Jan 28, 2010 10:48 AM

Edited by: MaheeshReddY on Jan 28, 2010 10:56 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear MaheeshReddY,

Did you manage to solve this issue? if yes, then please share your findings with everyone. It will be helpful for others.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MaheeshReddY,

Did you try building you project locally (locally means just right click your DC and chose the option DC-->Build) first? if no then please do it, after building please check the build log whether it contains any errors or not?

Case 1:

If the errors are present then resolve those errors first, then check in your activities into DTR, because if you have checked in your activity without resolving build errors, and then if you try activating those activities with "Activate even if Build Fails option checked, then it will result in a failure.

Case 2:

If the build is successful then please check whether any components that are present locally but not on DTR.

Any required dependency that you might have forgotten to check-in. In such a scenario your local build will be successful as your required dependency is present in local environment, but when you will activate the changes. the CBS will not be able to process the complete build request as the dependecies that are required are still not checked into the DTR and hence missing. So untimately the end result comes out as an activation failure.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello MaheeshReddY

Were you able to get past the error?

Can you provide the solution to help other users?

Thanks

Kenny