cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a doubt in ID object transport. Is it enough to transport the configuration objects like receiver determination, interface determination, receiver and sender aggrement, and communication channel..?

Should I also transport the Business System? what other configurations are required for transporting?

which one is adviced for object transport..? file or cts?

Thank you in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>which one is adviced for object transport..? file or cts?

cts+ of not then file

>>>determination, receiver and sender aggrement, and communication channel..?

Should I also transport the Business System? what other configurations are required for transporting?

no need to transport business system - but transport the whole business scenario and not single objects

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal and Abhishek.

CTS+?? is this diff from CTS?? if so what is the diff?

If BS in not tranported will the systems automatically create/import BS in the other PI sys? or this should be done manually?

Also what if I transport the folders insted of Business Scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If BS in not tranported will the systems automatically create/import BS in the other PI sys? or this should be done manually?

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Without importing the business system other scenario components such Receiver Agreement/ Interface determination containing

particular Business system will give error.

So it is always preferred to import complete scenario rather than importing single component.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it enough to transport the configuration objects like receiver determination, interface determination, receiver and sender aggrement, and communication channel..? Should I also transport the Business System?

Ans - 1. You can select entire config scenario and transport it.

2. you can create the Business systme manually in sld or transport them .

to transport them, firslty in SLD you need to maintain transport target for the systems you are using in Development to point it to system where u want to transport

which one is adviced for object transport..? file or cts? use file transport as it is fairly simple

Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos
I have a doubt in ID object transport. Is it enough to transport the configuration objects like receiver determination, interface determination, receiver and sender aggrement, and communication channel..? 

You need to transport only the configuration scenario to which you have added your business systems and oother objects like channel,receiver determination et all.

You can do it either way. File transports are faster as you get the .tpz file on your local desktop and import it in teh required system(QA or PROD).

EDIT: Yes, you can also transport folders directly. But make sure your configuration scenario is in teh folder.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the SP level of your SAP PI7.0 system supports then CTS+....if not then the only option remains is File Transport.

For SAP PI7.1 CTS+ is avialble independent of SP level...along with File Transport.

Regards,

Abhishek.