Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for one table field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

I want to put an authorization object on only one table field (MARC-STAWN) so that this is not to be edited by non-authorized users. Is there a chance to do that?

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

You can create a variant for the same and assign it to the users whom you want to restrict the access of required field. To rest all the users you can give edit access as usual.

0 Kudos

I do not know if it was clear, what I wnated to achieve: I just want to suppress edit functionality in MM02 without any modification. But only for MARC-STAWN.

0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

1 - Run a trace on the user ID and check if there are any objects checked while you edit field: MARC-STAWN. You can restrict the object checked here to further control the access to this field.

2 - If there are no authority checks on that field then sit with the developer and check if user exits/Bapis can be used to acheive this control.

0 Kudos

Could you please explain what kind of trace you mean? I know the context trace but I have no idea how to see waht was traced.

0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Tcode: ST01(Authorization Trace)

0 Kudos