cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding ORACLE<SID> to OFS in MSCS installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am installing ERP -EHp4 SR1 on windows MSCS cluster using OFS.

Before the installation I created a group dbgrp for the dbinstance in cluadmin, as it is no where mentioned in the installation guide that some nomenclature has to be followed strictly to perform this installation.

I have now installed ASCS, MSCS node1, DBinstace (with virtual host as dbgrp), ERS on both the nodes and CI.

The system is up as of now. However, towards the end of the installation guide, it is mentioned to create group ORACLE<SID>, which is going to be my virtual db host from now onwards. If I do so, my SAP application wont work as all the installations have been performed with db hostname as dbgrp.

I faced the similar situation while configuring the first MSCS node as I kept group saprp for SAP application, which installer changed to SAP <SID>. I had to rename the DNS entries, adhust all my instance profiles and maintain host entries to work it with new hostname SAP.

Now, is there anyway to adjust my installation to work with ORACLEPRD without doing too many manual changes. And If not, where do I make the changes to make it work?

Thanks

Nischal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got the issue resolved by changing the dbhostname in all profiles and .../network/admin/ ora directores.