cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete change request import history in 'STMS'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Recently i transport a request in our PRD system by myself, coz i was so hurry to test my configuration in PRD. But our Basis guy may do not known yet, i known i did a bad decision. So i wanna delete the change request import history in STMS, anyone have idea? Thank you in advance.

Regards,

James

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi try this at OS level

tp DELFROMBUFFER <REQUEST> <SID> pf=<path>TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you're not a basis admin. how is that you have access to STMS in production?...

This is not a criminal offense (at least not in this country), contact you Basis team and let them know that the transport was imported.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Reyes,

I known i have done the mistake, i will say sorry to him . Any one who have the idea how to delete the change quest imort history in techinically? Thank you .

Regards,

James

jörg_weichert
Explorer
0 Kudos

What do you think will happen if something went wrong in PROD because of your transport and somebody will notice that you have imported a request and even deleted the import history ?

Deleting the transport request from the import queue could lead to even more trouble !

Cheers

Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your kindly remind, i am very sure my change request will not affect normal PRD before transporting. I only wanna to known how to delete import history in technical, i mean i am not intended to broke any system and give company any loss. If anyone got idea, could you share knowledge with me ?

Regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Deleting the import request from the queue

1. which is not yet imported to the system is go to the STMS_IMPORT, select your respective TR by F6/F9 and Menu:Request->Delete.

2. Deleting the History of import queue, which is not possible , this is based on the parameter setup in TP parameter (LOGLIFETIME). By deleting just TR doesnot mean that you have removed the settings affected by your TR, importing a particular changes request do lot of changes at table levels, which cant be identified.

But, there is a workaround like, "Reverse the changes what you have made in the system" and capture it in a new TR

and import it to the affected system.

Hope this helps.

You did not do any CRIME, just a human error happens with every one.

Thanks

Ahamed

Edited by: Ahamed Yasin on Feb 5, 2010 12:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your advice and detail explaination. I've got it.

Regards,

James