cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

planning in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to plan a mtl in APO in one plant and in ECC in the other plant ? If yes then how would you schedule the planning runs in APO & ECC ?

Does SNP create production orders ?

Also SNP will reschedule any SNP receipts to the first day outside of the PPDS horizon....am I right ? If yes then what about the start of these SNP receipts ? Wouldnt these start in the PPDS horizon and create capacity on the resources which PPDS needs to schedule ? In that case how will PPDS schedule PPDS orders (in the PPDS horizon) and SNP orders, most of which lie in the PPDS horizon ?

What is the menu path for the tcode OM0M in ECC ? This is the tcode to I think publish the MRP exception messages in APO. (where in APO are these messages published exaclty.... order view ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

GS,

Is it possible to plan a mtl in APO in one plant and in ECC in the other plant ?

Yes

If yes then how would you schedule the planning runs in APO & ECC ?

. I am not sure what you mean. If you are talking about the sequence of planning runs, you would use the same logic that you would use to plan any multi-plant environment. Generically, you want to ensure that all MRP runs generally begin with plants that have the sales requirements against FERTS, and then move to the plants that have dependent requirements generated from the first run. There are lots of exceptions and lots of ways to approach this task, depending on the business requirements.

APO planning runs are totally scheduled in APO, and likewise ECC. So, you would generally schedule jobs in a time sequence that would meet all your planning requirements.

Does SNP create production orders ?

SNP creates Planned orders that can be converted by ECC into production orders.

Also SNP will reschedule any SNP receipts to the first day outside...

SNP and PPDS horizons are independent, and can be set in multiple ways to meet your business requirements. There are many ways to approach this issue. Usually, one of the first steps in the regular planning runs is to run the heuristic that converts SNP orders that are inside the PPDS horizon into PPDS orders.

What is the menu path for the tcode OM0M in ECC ?

IMG>Production>MRP>Evaluation>Define MRP Views.

I don't believe that ECC MRP exception messages in standard SAP are published to APO, but I could be wrong.

Rgds,

DB49

Answers (0)