cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when testing in test tab-Not able to create multiple messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To create multiple messages at target side for each source child node , i have done the following changes-

1.Changed occurance to 1--unb of top target node by changing the occurace of target message type in Messages tab of message mapping.

2.Mapped source child node with target top node.

Even after doing the changes i am getting the error- Cannot generate the target structure, ns0:Messages/ns0:Message1/ORDERS[2]/idoc

I want same control records and other segments, but only the *child node *which occur multiple times in source should change.

Please suggest !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos
1.Changed occurance to 1--unb of top target node by changing the occurace of target message type in Messages tab of message mapping.

As per your requirement thats not teh way you should do it. Get the XSD of IDOC to your local system and change the occurence of IDOC to unbounded and re-import it as external definition.

2.Mapped source child node with target top node.

Map the source child node to IDOC node and not message type node. It will work.

Regards

Soumen...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all the inputs.

-The target message is XSD(created from idoc) already imported from External definition,so i changed the occurance of target message type from messages tab.When i do this the occurace of target top node ORDERS becomes 1--unb,(not IDOC node)

-As mentioned by Deepak, i have changes the context of child node to extreme top level node ie ORDERS, and mapped 1-1 with target ORDERS node which is 1--unb.

For more information the whole structure is 1-1 mapped.

I am still gettting the same error,ns0:Messages/ns0:Message1/ORDERS[2]/idoc.

Please suggest !!

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
so i changed the occurance of target message type from messages tab.When i do this the occurace of target top node 
ORDERS becomes 1--unb,(not IDOC node)

this is not the procedure!

You should not change the occurence of the top-node in an IDOC....the error is valid as you intend to perform Multi_mapping which is not supported by IDOC adapter.....max you can do is change the occurence of the IDOC node through changing the XSD.

The same is shown by Michal in the log which I gave in last reply.

Regards,

Abhishek.

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try this mapping for your target.

Messages/ns0:Message1/ORDERS[2]/ = collapseContexts( SplitByValue( removeContexts(/Your child node.)))

Hope this helps.

- Deepak,.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1.Changed occurance to 1--unb of top target node by changing the occurace of target message type in Messages tab of 
message mapping.

I assume that you have changed the occurence of an IDOC in message mapping.....if yes then please note that the procedure followed is not correct....the below method should be followed while trying to change the occurence:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikash

Just take care of the context because of this might be you are getting error.

Can you explain more clearly with practical how you are applying mapping.

Regards

dheeraj kumar

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikash,

Make sure you have set the context of your child node which is mapped to the target to the topmost level parent node.

You can do so by right clickin on the source field --> context --> select the topmost source parent node.

Also you can use function like Remove conetxt and the add split context so that for evry occurence of ur child field u get target.

Regards,

Deepak

Edited by: Deepak Shah on Jan 28, 2010 5:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cannot generate the target structure, ns0:Messages/ns0:Message1/ORDERS[2]/idoc

What is the occurrance of ORDERS? It should be 1..unbounded, other wise the above error will be thrown.

Regards,

Swetha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

The occurace of ORDERS is 1--unb only...