cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerance keys in QS21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we use plus or minus 2 mm tolerance for all our drawing dimensions. Please advise how to map this thru tolerance key in QS21 Screen. Please advise if we enter tolerance key, still do we need to enter lower and upper limits? Or system calculates the lower and upper limits? Say, my drawing dimension is 10 mm , tolerance is +/- 2mm. how to map this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Number of decimal places:2

Unit of Measure measu: mm

UCL: 12

LCL:8

target value: 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit, ya we can enter as you suggested in qs21. how to set the same in tolerance key? there is a filed known as upper nominal value while defining the tolerance key, what is the use of this field? how to use this tolerance key while defining the mic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In customization you may have to creat Z-tolerence key and Enter.

Upper nominal value: is target value

Lower sppec limit: LCL

Upper limit : UCL

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Tolerance keys are the predefined engineering specification dimension which are used for Inspection . If u inspect ur product with defined set of deimension or if u follow any engineering standard like IS2162, DIN standard, these predefined standard as the Tolerance keys & can be defined in the SPRO.

GOto spro>qm>quality plng>Inspection charc>define Tolernace key.

Here u can define the required tolerance of the porduct with specification , defined uom. Then u need to assign in the MIC (QS21). System will automatiocally condiers this as the specification. No need to enter Spec separately as we defined genrally for MIC's

with regards,

K.Lokesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, in my case when i enter the tolerance key in QS21, the target, upper limit, lower limits were not copied. i need to enter them manually. is there any way to display the target value, lower and upper limits automatically by simply enterinng the tolerance key. please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

First create your own Tolerance key (Z-Keys) in the SPRO and define the specification (enter nominal values,upper limit& lower limit) in that. Then in QS21, choose Quantitative, complete copy model aand select req ctrl indicators, then sys will ask for Tolerance key. slect ur defind tol key.

with regards,

K.Lokesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lokesh, Thank You. i can able to enter tolerance key as you said. after entering tolerance key also, i need to enter those three fields (target value, UPL, LL) manually. what i mean is that if tolerance key is there, how to set system to copy those fields from tolerance key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Say, my drawing dimension is 10 mm , tolerance is +/- 2mm. how to map this.?

Hiii,

I'll take your example itself,

Targrt - 10mm

LSL - 8mm

USL- 12mm

Now define Tolerance Key - YS01

goto spro>qm>Quality plng>Inspe charc>define Tolernace key

Step1: click new entries--> enter Tolekey,shrt text,dec place,uom

Step 2: Target value-->enter Target value&click icon box (copy target value)

Step3:Enter USL,LSL

STEP4: enter nominal values and save. System create request no if u work in Development server.

Then assign to MIC,

MIC status

Req Ctrl indic- Activate LSL,USL,Target value, Complete copy model.

Then only system ask for Tol key. Selct Tolerance key. The value which u had created in spro, automatically assigns to MIC.

I think this will clear ur doubts.

with regards,

K.Lokesh.

Answers (0)