0 Kudos

Can someone tell me how to access ECL viewer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is this pertaining to cFolders, then you have to just upload a document and in the version overview of the doc there will be a column called redlining layers.. click on it, this will open the ECL viewer... by the way you should have installed ECL viewer on your machine (you can get this in service.sap.com)

regards

Murugesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murugesh,

I got it solved last week. thanks much for your post. One thing that I realised is that it is not only enough to download ECL viewer, but also we need to download ECL viewer-CAD patch.This is also available in service.sap.com.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anantharam,

Kindly let me know the excat location where I can find ECL viewer and CAD-Patch.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to downloads and select "Search for Support packages and Patches". Enter ECL viewer. Select ECL viewer 5.1.2. Then search for ECL Viewer Patch. Choose SAP GUI 640-ECL viewer patch.

Now try to enter DMs and open any CAD file. But you have to be sure that particular CAD file should be in .stl format as ECL viewer support only stl file for 3D. In case you have any other questions let me know and I would be happy to assist you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anatharam,

Thanks for your quick reponse.

I was able to download the ECL Viewer but was unable to see the ECL viewer CAD patch at the path mentioned in your last post.

Kindly let me know the location of CAD patch.

In the current scenario if I open a CAD file in Cfolders, it says that no ECL Viewer installed on the local machine .

Please let me know how to convert the CAD files to .STL format.

Thanks

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Soni,

there are several ways to transform a CAD File to a JT file. There are commercial converters available on the market as an add-on to the CAD package. An other alternative is, that many CAD programs offer a Save-As functionality. Here you can save a CAD file as STL or sometimes also as JT file.

Usually mySAP PLM customers use the SAP conversion server, with additional commercial converter plugged into the conversion server. Usually a status change then starts the conversion server, and the JT file is then added to the DIR in the background automatically.

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

Have the same problem as viewing *.jt files. Have CATIA R19 SP5 and have converter of CAx file into jt file Version 9.1. Have implemented GUI 710 SP 14 but have problems to view the files.

Have no problem to view the jt files Version Version 6.4 JT / Version 8.2 JT, but now have received a new version as above mention Version 9.1 JT.

Have maybe any from You some idea what to do to settled the problem.

Any information will help us to solve the problem.

your reply will be highly appreciated.

best regards,

Simon