cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container variable not getting filled in alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a alert category in XI and have setup the alert rule in RWB. In my alert category I have created container variable SXMS_MSG_GUID (ABAP Dictionary data type SXMSMGUIDC) and registered myself as fixed recipient. When I trigger alert using SALERT_CREATE function module filling the container variable SXMS_MSG_GUID with some dummy value it triggered alert successfully with SXMS_MSG_GUID value in description and also triggered e-mail.

But when I send message from RWB it triggers alert but the alert message is not getting filled with the container variable value i.e. SXMS_MSG_GUID. Its coming as blank. Also it is not triggering email.

Could you please provide some inputs on how to trouble shoot this issue?

Thanks and regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad

Have got your problem solved if so can you please share me the fix

"Getting email but the variables are not filled up"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

Just follow this link. I am sure, u will achieve what u desire.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd172...

Thanks

Veeru

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad

The following prerequisites must be met to trigger alerts:

1. The central alert server must be maintained as an RFC destination in transaction SM59 in the local system. This central alert server must also be selected as the RFC destination in transaction SALRT1 or in Settings ® RFC-Destination of Alert Server.

(This constitutes the unique entry in table TALRTDST.)

2. If the central alert server is running on the local system in the same client, you do not have to maintain an RFC destination.

In this case, you can simply enter NONE in transaction SALRT1.

please refer the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/3f/81023cfa699508e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your response. I do not have problem in triggering as such. My alerts are getting triggered but the problem is the container variable is not getting filled and it is not triggering e-mail.

If I use the same alert category and trigger alert explicitly using function module SALERT_CREATE everything works fine.

Any more inputs on resolving this?

Regards,

Prasad