cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing special charactes using dot printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

I have a problem, the special character using charecter sets 1143 or 1117 are displayed correctly in the spool request, but it (i.e é,ó,ñ,...) doesn't are correctly printed. They are replace with number symbol # and other symbols (¢ <).

I have a EPSON FX2190 printer with device type EPESCP9 and access method S on SAP ERP ECC 6.0 EHP4.

I test with character set 1100 too but it does not solve the problem.

I can print special characters send a wordpad file to this printer.

How Can I print it from SAP?

Thanks in advanced,

Osmany M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The preview in the spool request is Ok, I see Á É Í Ó Ú Ñ É correctly in SAP. I print a wordpad document and the capital letters with acute are fine.

I add the following lines in the printer initialization in the format for the device type and the printing is fine:

1. reset

e0x40

1. designate codepage IBM 850 for slot 0

e0x280x740x030x000x000x030x00

1. select codepage from slot 0

e0x740x00

1. set line spacing 6 LPI

e0x32

1. set page length to 3,14 inch (=21 lines at 7 LPI)

e0x430x13

1. cancel bottom margin

e0x4F

1. set left margin to 0

e0x6C0x00

1. select draft quality

e0x780x00

1. select non-proportional spacing

e0x700x00

Thanks for your cooperation.

Osmany M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandra

Thanks a lot for your answer. I test code page 1141 and I can to print é í á ó ú and ñ Ñ without problem, it works. However I can not print capital letters with acute (Á Í Ó Ú, I need only vowels). I check the code page 1141 with your explanation using scp transaction and check a PC 850 character set web page. I see that is correct, for example Á is Unicode name U+00C1 and hex B5 and it correspond with B5 in PC 850 character Set.

Capital Letters with acute print other symbols.

Can I check additional information?

Thanks in advanced for your cooperation.

Osmany M

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Confirm me that you preview correctly these capital letters in SAP.

If yes, now the problem is maybe with the resident font in the printer! Maybe it does not contain these capital letters. I know, printing is complex! Could you try with other fonts supported by the printer? (note that here you may do tests without using SAP, as the problem comes maybe from the printer only) Maybe you can get support from the printer manufacturer too.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the SAP character set must match printer character set.

when a character is translated into # at SAP side, it means that code page does not contain that character.

Here are for example 2 SAP code pages, with names which correspond to 2 possible FX-2190 character sets (PC 850 and PC 437):

1141 Printer EPESCP2 IBM 850

1142 Printer EPESCP IBM 437

Using SCP transaction, when you check the é character (which has Unicode name U00E9) within code page 1141, it is translated to hex 82. Also, ó (U00F3) -> hex A2, and ñ (U+00F1) -> hex A4.

When you check the "official" (at wikipedia for example) PC 850 character set, you see that 82 corresponds to é, A2 corresponds to ó, and A4 corresponds to ñ.

So, now, if the printer is setup with PC 850 character set (check it at the control panel), then it should work.