Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Background jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are going GOLIVE next two weeks , Presently we are using BI7.0 ,HCM for position based security and FI i.e ECC6.0 sp 18 and GRC5.3. presently i am scheduling background jobs as below

PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY: user master comparison (background), Once in a day when system load is low.

2> For firefighter /Virsa/ZVFATBAK Background job to collects all transaction data executed by firefight ID s , job scheduled every hour

3> RHAUTUPD_NEW User Compare on transported Roles

I have an idea se38 RSUSR* reports and security tables , but iam looking only which are mandatory security jobs need to schedule . If any SAP note please let me know

Need to know any other important background jobs that need to schedule other than above jobs , Any help on this will appreciate.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raom,

If you are using CUA then you have to schedule the sending job (RSEOUT00)in CUA and receiving job (RBDAPP01) in child system as well.

Both jobs for Message type Userclone.

Meanwhile checking other jobs as well...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that , we are also using ESS and MSS in portal , any thing on this need help

0 Kudos

Hi Raom78,

Did it occur to you to search before asking this question? There are already some good answers out there.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

From security side, you need to take care of the ESS, MSS and HR admin role assignement for users at portal and backend. The transaction will be called through Jco connection. And SICF services should be activate for same(Basis team can take care of same) i don't think background job is required for same...for more information check ESS and MSS configuration docs. You can do search as suggested by Julius for same.

Edited by: connecpk on Jan 27, 2010 6:49 PM

Edited by: connecpk on Jan 27, 2010 6:50 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I do have the similar requirement about the Security  Background Jobs in ECC and BI.

Is SCN have any documentation or threads to help me out? please let me know!

Thank you

Regards

Anil Reddy Surukanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julius, I have seen some threads and Security tables in different thread, Here I am taking help for important and mandatory background jobs need scheduled in background for GOLIVE and after maintenance .

If you have any idea of sapnote or blog , please let me know

Thanks a lot for all the help now and earlier

0 Kudos

Hi Roam,

For ess and mss concern, you also need to check report RPTARQEMAIL (Send E-Mails) with HR functional team.This should run once in a day .

I think you are done with mandatory jobs for security. If you want to check any specific job for any module then provide details.

Experts : check and provide job name if you have in your mind that is not listed here.

Cheers

Edited by: connecpk on Jan 27, 2010 9:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

For SUP (Fire Fighter) you will be needing Job: ZFATBAK to be scheduled. Search this forum with "/VIRSA/ZVFATBAK " for more details.

Also in GRC there are many jobs which need to be scheduled for CUP /RAR, check in GRC forum for the same.

Edited by: sap.sec.akshay on Jan 28, 2010 1:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to check with your HR team if you should also be scheduling RHPROFL0.

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you read the SAP security guides for all your applications? They contain important info, as well as links to OSS notes.

Cheers

Private_Member_119218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES - once a day, after midnight, to remove expired role entries from user masterdata;

SAPPROFC_NEW - in the same job as RHAUTUPD_NEW, but before it, to keep the profiles current, if any role changes are made.