cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lot size in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please advise my below understanding is correct. If we select EX in lot size field in mrp views, mrp will generate the pr of qty equivalent of sales order qty. if we select FX, it will generate the pr of qty equal to fixed lot qty mentioned in mrp views. While calculating the above qty it will deduct the existing stock of that material and for remaining qty, it will generate pr (purchase requisition).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

YS,

I think you have the sequence of events reversed. MRP will perform net requirements calculation (including consider all existing requirements and supply elements, such as stock) and come up with the shortage quantity(s). Once the shortage is known, THEN it looks at the lot sizing procedure and calculates a replenishment order.

When FX generates an order, it will always be for the fixed lot size, even if the shortage is only one widget and the fixed lot size is 1000 widgets.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/5c/33b8371a2c9912e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thank You. If shortage is 1 part in net req calculation, how system behaves if my sales order qty is 100 parts if i set lot size as EX (lot for lot). Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

YS,

If sales order is 100, and the shortage is 1, then that implies that you have 99 in stock available for this order. In this case, if the lot size is EX, then the proposal will be for 1.

You really would be better off experimenting in a sandbox system. 20 minutes of work in the sandbox could answer dozens of these questions, and the resulting answers are instantaneous.

Rgds,

DB49

Answers (0)