Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Both the roles are same but why attribute values I can see for one role, n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have come accross a strange isuue, need you guys help in this:

We have one SRM role, in this role all org values maintained as *.

I have copied the same role into test role, maintained org value * as well.

So both the roles are same. in SUIM role comparision also it showed same.

But when I assign the original role to test user , testing BBPAt05 t-code - Attributes tab-I am getting cost centre etc options.

Where as when I am assgining the test role , testing BBPAt05 t-code - Attribute- i am not getting and details in there.

Both the roles are same but why attribute values I can see for one role, not for other role.

Please throw some light on this.

Regards

Sreenivasu Balaka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try it on the same test user ID to see whether that makes a difference - in which case it is not the roles...

Cheers,

Julius

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try it on the same test user ID to see whether that makes a difference - in which case it is not the roles...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Yes I tried these roles on the same test id

0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasu,

Asking general question..IS profile for copied role is generated. Check the result after regenaration of profile for copied test role.

0 Kudos

Good observation, as the original role might have been uploaded or transported from a different source system, and the copy was opened in the target system which has different config (SU24).

But... Sreenivasu said that a role comparison in SUIM says they are the same!

Perhaps locating the object (if it is an authorization difference) via SU53 can shed some light on it.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Sreenavasu can also go for ST01 trace as sometimes su53 would not catch all the missing values.

We had such cases in past where SU53 doen't helped but ST01 solved the issues. Are you agree..

0 Kudos

Yes, St01 is better and you can "jump" to the source code location if authorized.

But a "quick" SU53 would be easier in this case to find one of those "d'uh" moments (e.g. the profile is not generated...

Lets see what comes back.

Cheers,

Julius