cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable frontend printing using Adobe Print Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

Did anyone of you manage to enable frontend printing using Adobe Print Forms? In order to save administration effort we use frontend printing in our ERP system. We just changed some SMARTFORMS to the new Adobe Forms technology. Now we learned that direct frontend printing does not work with these forms.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Gerald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you please decribe some more details about your problem?

- Is your ADS already installed and configured? (I guess so, because you wrote you have changed some smartforms into to adobe)

- what do you mean by front-end printing?

your options are:

1) direct print on printer (no dialog)

2) printing dialog, sap spool

3) print form preview and printing from the desktop (like if you open the PDF file locally on your computer and want to print it)

Hope this helps you step further, Otto

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gerald, do you like the provided solution? I would like to know if that worked for you and if you have any valueable experience regarding the topic. Maybe you can share it with us and close the thread? Regards Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry, I don´t understand the problem:)) I always use the option to preview the form and then print it using the printer maintained on the local PC.

I know who will help you for sure, her name is Sandra Rossi and she is awesome with all the SAP printing. Ask her under ABAP - Form printing. She has a pretty good level of knowledge of Adobe as well as the older print forms.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thanks for the tremendously quick reply:

- ADS is configured and works fine

- Frontend Printing: For instance we use frontend printing for purchase orders. In transaction MN04 you create condition records for the output of messages. One of the parameters is the output device. For old SMARTFORMS and Sapscript forms we were able to use the output device LOCAL. This device was defined using the device type SAPWIN (via transaction SPAD). The print job is then output to the local windows printer queue. We learned that using SAPWIN device types with Adobe print forms is not supported. But we would like to avoid having to administer every single printer in SAP.

Therefore my question: Is there any way to do direct frontend-printing (i.e. without any preview) with respect to Adobe print forms?

Gerald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

We had similar issue with the printer , for front end printing with Adobe only Device Type "POST 2 " works fine , which sends the Post Script Files to the Printer. So if your printer can print the Post script Files then configure a printer which has Device type "POST 2" and Provide IP address of the printer/spooler in Destination host.( Basis Team can help you test this ).

Also we noticed that this device type sends all the parts of adobe spool ( if it has multiple parts ) to printer so if your printer can print Post script files then use above mentioned approach.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kuldeep Jadhav