cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to Open the URL in new window at run time in adobe form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

My requirement is that I have one driver program and adobe form.

From driver program I am passing the URL.ok?

I need to Open that specific URL in a new window from the adobe form when user Presses the link or the button.

For example I am passing the URL as"http://www.google.com".

I tried with hard coding.It is working.But I need to do as dynamically.

If any one know the answer, please do share it.

Thanks,

Simi A M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, looks like you´ve got many answers. Did you solve your problem? Maybe you can share your solution and experience with us wo the others can benefit from it? And please close the thread. Thank you, Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answered through email:

Hello,

I don´t understand your problem. You have not tried the component mentioned in my replies, right? You have tried Launch URL component from WD Native. Because if you have, you would ask such a question. This component is a u201Cgroupu201D of a text field and a button. That means, that fits your problem completely IMHO. Place the component on your form layout, Set the presence of the text fox inside this Launch URL and you will see what address is being launch when clicked on the button.

You said you have your address in the text field. So this is the same. Just change the source where the button takes the URL from or copy the value from your form into this one.

Hope this helps.

p.s.: looks like you have absolutely no exerience with JS coding.

That means you need to read first and code later, right? Start here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lc_designer_scripting_basics/lc_designer_scripting_ba...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i just wanna ask u guys some question. I am new to SAP Netweaver EP. I have 1 problem regarding to UWL. Is that possible for us to display the result in UWL in chinese character? because one of our user complaint that, the character did not display like they want, but changes to '####' format. Is there any solution or it is possible to change it? it is not a problem to back-end system because in R3, it display in chinese character, but when come to portal, it display in ####.

Thank You.

Regards,

Akma

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mr. kmabest, this is not adobe related, is it? please ask your question under EP forum. Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is easy. Check (for inspiration) the standard Library Object in your LCD - tab WD Native, component Launch URL and adapt the code used here for your purpose.

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried with the Launch URL component.Buut not able to solve my problem.

I want to know one thing, Otto.I am having the URL in my text field.I want to read that value in the text field and pass it to the specified code in the launch URL. How can I read the text field value in the script area.

Otto, I am waiting for the answer.

Thanks ,

Simi A M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the Scripting: JavaScript (Click Event )

app.launchURL("http://www.example.com/", true);

Regards

Pradeep Goli