cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abap certification details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a Abap'er, my experience is 1 year 3 months. I'm planning to take the Abap Certification Exam, I need to know the following:

1) The eligibility criteria

2) The books I need to refer

3) The certification date & venue details

pl help me to get the info

Thank you

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arun

If you are asking the eligibility criteria for taking the certification exam, then its - Graduate.

You do not need compulsory experience into ABAP or any other field for taking the certification.

But you need to register for the course and certification together with any of the ATC-Authorised Training Centers (like Siemens, Genovate, etc in India)

The eligibility criteria for clearing the exam is 52% and the questions will be between 80 to 90. (It is never fixed)

The duration is 3 hours and all other rules about the exam will be explained well by the ATC before the exam.

The syllabus / material is correctly mentioned in the above post. You will get this material ONLY at the ATC after registration

Search in these forums for any other details if required.

Goodluck!

Rgds

Zub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zubin,

I have done Associate level SAP ABAP Certification. I have 3+ years of exp in SAP ABAP. Now I am planning to go for Professional level ABAP Certification. Could you plz let me know eligibility criteria and syllabus for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Gulrez

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gulrez

Request you to read and respect the forum rules and NOT USE sms language.

Refer to this for more on Certification levels > http://www.sap.com/services/education/certification/levels/index.epx

Please write to or call the SAP Education Banglore office for more.

All the best!

Rgds,

Zub

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

The SAP ABAP certification is mainly targeted to those candidates who are from SAP NetWeaver & business consulting background and wants to build their career as an SAP ABAP consultant. This exam validates that the candidate has a good and overall understanding within this consultant profile, and can implement this knowledge practically in projects under the guidance of an experienced consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would love to ask: Can I get a test logon for SAP ABAP?  Am new into SAP, would love to get Study materials as well as a TEST LOGON to work with.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a B.Com (Hons) student. I want to know about the eligibility criteria for SAP. PLEASE HELP.

former_member193284
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer below menioned Link

http://www.sap.com/usa/services/education/certtraining/curriculum.epx?context=%5b%5bNW_ABAP_DEV_NA%5...

The certification test consists of questions from the areas specified below:

Topic Areas

1. mySAP.com Technologies

- mySAP.com

- Navigation (system handling)

- Technical setup of an SAP system

- System-wide concepts

2. ABAP Workbench Basics (++)

- Data types and data objects

- Internal tables

- Data retrieval (authorization check)

- Subroutines

- The ABAP Runtime System

- Function groups and function modules

- Program calls and data transfer

3. ABAP Objects (++)

- Classes and objects

- Inheritance

- Casting

- Interfaces

- Events

- Global classes and interfaces

- Exception handling

- Dynamic programming

4. ABAP Dictionary (++)

- Database tables

- Performance for table access

- Consistency through input check (foreigh key dependency)

- Dependency of ABAP Dictionary objects

- Views

- Search help

5. Techniqes for List Generation (++)

- Data output to lists

- Selection screen

- Logical database

- Program-specific data retrieval

- Data formatting and control level processing

- Storage of lists and background processing

- Interactive lists

6. Dialog Programming (++)

- Screen (basics)

- User interface (GUI title, GUI status)

- Screen elements for output (text fields, status icons, and group boxes)

- Screen elements for input/output

- Subscreen and tabstrip control

- Table control

- Context menu

- Dialog programming lists

7. Database Changes

- Database updates with Open SQL

- LUWs and Client/Server Architecture

- SAP locking concept

- Organizing database changes

- Complex LUW processing

- Number assignment

- Change-document creation

8. Enhancements and Modifications

- Changes in SAP Standards

- Personalization

- Enhancements to Dictionary elements

- Enhancements using customer exits

- Business Transaction Events

- Business Add-Ins

- Modifications

Weighting Key in the Test:

+ = 1 - 10%

++ = 11 - 20%

+++ = over 20%

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

View an experience of SAP ABAP Associate level exam here

http://learnhrabap.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-experience-of-sap-certification-exam.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Got this website and its very useful for Beginners, Intermediate and experts in SAP. As of now only online SAP ABAP and EWM is available. This is fully real time oriented questions. You can try before attending any interviews and before taking SAP certification. And its totally free and unlimited attempts. I am sure you will get confidence once you take assessment from the below link and I got 82% after 3-4 attempts in http://www.sappractical.com

http://www.sappractical.com/sap/techques/8-Intermediate

Regards,

A Vadamalai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Please post in corresponding forum.[suggest and comments|;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dates/locations depend upon where you are and can be found in the online content...you can also schedule your exam there, as I recall. When you sit down for the exam (done on a PC), the computer will generate a set of questions for you from the bank of 500 or more. Scoring is immediate upon completion (or it was for me when I took SCM Order Fulfillment exam). You can take nothing with you to the seat, and the exam is timed.

I am aware that currently SAP is offering multiple levels, in NetWeaver for ABAP or Java tracks, the Development Associate, Professional and (coming soon, I read) Master. I think the Associate level is 90 questions, with three hour time limit.

There is an excellent manual, which I recently purchased, entitled "ABAP with NetWeaver 7.0", described as an "SAP Certification Success Guide" for the SAP Certified Development Associate. The manual is available from SAP Press and contains sample questions for each of the many chapters. This manual is intended as prep for exam C_TAW12_70, the development associate in ABAP. Review the content carefully...the associate and professional levels are significantly different in content and knowledge requirements.

You can find exam content and weighting, along with some sample questions, in the online resources for SAP certification.

In my experience, there were two questions that contained code snippets for my earliest ABAP certification. The remainder was about a variety of stuff from DDIC, to function keys to all aspects of the development workbench. So, don't expect to see code or to write code for the exam.

Scoring has also been changed....previously you got points for every right choice, so you could help yourself by guessing...Today, on multiple correct choices answers, you must exactly match the correct pattern (like A,B,E true, C,D false) to get ANY points for the question....that eliminates guessing, entirely, I think.