cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS integration with PM and PP module --> SAP{ integration shortcoming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We are trying to integrate PS with PM and PP module and I see here a shortcoming of integration.

What is our case:

Our project is automatically created based on a sales order (we have setup a template for this).

Based on the project consisting of WBS elements and activities, condition type EK02 in the Sales order calculates the project costs.

The cost calculation in the sales order is based on network activities assigned to WBS elements. If you plan costs via CJ40 (cost planning), then these costs are not shown in the sales order. So we plan the costs only based on network activities. No problem so far.

Based on the project plan we create a budget and we copy the planned costs to the original budget and release it.

Now we have a problem as the network activities consume the budget of the WBS. This will not be problem if you only book costs on the network activity.

However PM and PP module do not settle to network activities but settle to WBS elements. But this is not possible anymore as the budget was already assigned to the costs of the network activity.

We use the network activities to plan the costs coming from PM or PP. But this wil result when using Budgeting that PM orders cannot book on the WBS element.

How can we resolve this, that we are able to plan the costs on the project for PM/PP WBS elements, without assigning an network activity while the costs are transferred to EK02 in the sales order.

Any ideas?

One one to resolve this is that PM and PP are able to settle to the network activity, rather then to the WBS but this is not available in standard SAP (we use 4.6C) (shortcoming of SAP).

Thanks for your replies, ideas.

Bastiaan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in OPSC for network type there is option of Planning tick. Meaning of the same is given below.

Indicator: Planning

Use this indicator to specify that you are only using the network for planning. All of the planned costs from this network will be appended to the WBS element, however, they do not raise the assigned values.

So, network activity plan cost will not consume your budget. It will solve your below purpose..

We use the network activities to plan the costs coming from PM or PP. But this wil result when using Budgeting that PM orders cannot book on the WBS element.

Just check and let us know. It should work.

Wiith regards

Niitn P.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitin - exactly what I would have said.

SAP and shortcoming are two words don't go together

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niitn,

I have looked at the settings, and indeed this may correct the problem.

However our project is automatically generated and via customzing OPUU (Network defaults), 1 standard network type is assigned.

How can I realise that I can generate two networks into the project one without having field Planning activated where I assign multiple activities not related to PM and PP and another network with a network type with field planning activated where I can assign the PM and PP activities.

Best regards, Bastiaan

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to set up two network profiles - one with planning ticked and one without

create 2 standard networks

link them to the same standard WBS

also you need to ensure that you create network per WBS not per project defintion 2 not 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

I had just done so, same as you advised.

One standard WBS (CJ91)

Two networks (CN01), both referring to the same WBS.

When creating the Sales Order, I refer to a material. In CN08, I assign this sales material to a Network type, the standard network (two different ones). Through this the system knows which network and WBS should be created. But when in CN08 I create two entries with the sales material with the different networks, then only one network is mentioned in the created project.

Material Type St. Network Profile

10000030021 ZP02 10000002 ZSM0001

10000030021 ZS04 10000003 ZSM0001

Best regards, Bastiaan

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bastiaan

Sorry I forgot you were using assembly processing for project creation - this will make it a bit more complicated.

You will need to set up two seperate materials for CN08 with different templates - no need to combine two network templates into one - use two line items in sales order. For this there will be some more pre-requisites like undo single root in project profile and tick the SD/PS indicator in WBS template - also need to hek your coding mask is compatible.

Regards

Virendra