cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query on planning book data(time buckets)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. I have a query regarding data displayed in a planning book. I have a planning book where the time bucket used is displayed per posting period. There are 2 periods in 1 month(e.g. 01-01-2010 | 01-16-2010. the first period covers days 1-15 and the latter, days 16-31). Now, I have a key figure - sales in this planning book and the total sales is split(40/50) for each month.

Total Sales for 01-2010 = 100

Planning Book A

Key Figure: Sales

Period: 01-01-2010

= 40

Period: 01-16-2010

= 50

My question is where can i check or can i change how a key figure's data is ditributed on those 2 periods? I need to have 30% of the sales in the first period and 70% of sales on the 2nd period when retrieved on this planning book.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check if there are any time stream ids with weighing factors used in the storage profile. Those can be changed to 30/70 and the data would be disaggragted in 30 / 70 then.

Also check if the KF time based disaggregation in planning area is based on any other KF, then the values in the reference KF would be acting as a proportion for calculation of disaggregation. You can change the values in reference KF for achieving the same result also.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards

Gaurav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create a new auxillary key figure and write a macro with custom function in it to sum up the values of the period and divide it in the ratio 30 - 70 .

Thanks

Saradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Gaurav - this was really helpful. the KF's time based disaggragation is based on another key figure. I have a follow-up question, if i would like to change the planning area - reference the time based disaggregation of a KF to another KF, what are the pre-requisites? or would this cause problems with the planning area?

@Saradha - i've tried this already but my problem is that the time bucket of the planning book is divided into 2 periods and the first period of the current period is no longer included in the displayed horizon.

thanks.