cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Inspection lot creation in transit goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey colleagues,

We have goods from the supplier coming overseas to our plant. When the goods go out of the supplier plant we are responsible for the materials, so we do the goods receipt with an inbound delivery to a logical storage location just to remind that the goods are in transit to our plant. Inspection lot shoudln't be created in this moment.

When the goods are physically in the plant we do a stock transfer (313) from the logical storage location to real storage location. Inspection lot should be created in this moment.

By the moment, the inspection lots are created automatically when we do the goods receipt as we're working with inspection type 01.

Is it possible to create the inspection lot only when the goods receipt is done in real storage location?

Thanks in advance,

Josep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you use 311 for this? 313 does not have an inspection origin assigned to it and so it can never create an inspection lot.

If you can use 311, make a copy of it, maybe 911.

Setup and activate 08 inspection types.

Decactivate QM for 311 in config.

When you make the transfer, use the 911. This should create your lot.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Craig,

I already tested the process you mean in the past with 311 movement type and inspection type 08. The problem is the material travels across different storage locations during its lifetime, so everytime a transfer posting it's done an ispection lot is created.

Maybe, the solution is to use 411 for transfering the materials from logical storage (in transit) location to real storage location (physical) and keep doing 311 for transfers between physcial storage locations, so the inspection lot would be only created when doing 411 one time...

thanks very much, I will test it and I will define a new process about how to deal with the incoming goods overseas.

have a nice day

Josep

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. that is why I suggested you make a copy of the 311 to 911.

You deactivate QM for movement 311 in config under the material movements configuration. As well as for any other movements you don't want 08 lots created for. This prevents inspection lots from being created for all the other transfer movements.

You then train your users for the specific transfer(process) where you want an inspection lot and have them use the 911 for that move.

Craig

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes it is possible z programme only